I.D. Needed

meowzer

Found this on my new yuma rock.....anyone know for sure what it is.....I'm thinking a type of brain....favites

meowzer

Do not think tunicate.....here is a pic with it cropped.....really reminds me of a type of brain

1guydude

ok nm mine is diff and dosent have tentacles lol....thinkin a chalice maybe? or maybe a fungia plate? IDK LOL

meowzer

LOL...thanks guys.....I am sure someone will know what it is....like I said...I am thinking a type of brain...favite....favia....something in that line

bang guy

At first I was thinking Porites but I think you're a lot closer than me after reviewing the tentacles. Look at night and see if there are feeding tentacles, then feed it. It looks interesting.

aquaknight

Yep. They come in all sorts of colors. Missed out an awesome dark royal blue one with yellow eyes. 1.5" square when for $150....
I'd leave it whereever you put it for now. If it's lower in the tank, after a couple weeks consider raising it up to brighter light. They are pretty fleshy for an SPS, so they do response well to feedings. Should help it recover. Colors do look a little washed, if the coral does make it, it should color up some. As you probably can guess from the fact it's still alive, it's hardier then your average SPS.