I got my first corals.

beredovon

They are now in my reef tank and there open and looks great that in my lfs store. my birdnest love the high current flow. GREEN birdnest coral and Frogspawn coral.
water flow is 800gph
28312682_10210841172806052_1998873046_o.jpg
28342781_10210841172846053_1284465976_o.jpg

ammONIAN 0
nitirte 0
nitrate 20.ppm
calsium 400-420
kh is 12
phospate 0.1-0.5ppm
salinity 1.26
temparture 78 to 80
lights on for 10hrs a day.

beredovon

I want to add pom pom xenia. bUT I know they grow like weed any ideas how I will control the growing and not overtake the tank. I am thingking to put in sand bed or an isnland away from my main rock and surrounds by rock rubbles its that good idea.

beredovon

What size tank are they in? Just checking to make sure there's enough flow and aeration.
I want to add pom pom xenia. bUT I know they grow like weed any ideas how I will control the growing and not overtake the tank. I am thingking to put in sand bed or an isnland away from my main rock and surrounds by rock rubbles its that good idea.

silverado61

As your size tank needs about 640GPH flow you've got more than enough. As far as the Xenia? From what little I've read about them I think an island would work fine. I'm sure someone else here knows more about them than I do.

lmforbis

I’ve never had any luck with them. I do poorly with easy coral like mushrooms, zoas, palys, etc. but I have an acropora I can’t kill.
What kind of lighting do you have?

beredovon

As your size tank needs about 640GPH flow you've got more than enough. As far as the Xenia? From what little I've read about them I think an island would work fine. I'm sure someone else here knows more about them than I do.
yeah its a lot so what I did the stock pump i put toward in the top so reduces the water flow and my corals like it specially my birdnest its getting better and better.

beredovon

I’ve never had any luck with them. I do poorly with easy coral like mushrooms, zoas, palys, etc. but I have an acropora I can’t kill.
What kind of lighting do you have?
my birdnest looks better and better than in lfs store polyps are out and it seems they like my tank. i have only the LED STOCK LIGHTS. 10 hrs a day on

silverado61

yeah its a lot so what I did the stock pump i put toward in the top so reduces the water flow and my corals like it specially my birdnest its getting better and better.
Point that pump at the surface so that it looks like it's at a soft boil. That'll help with aeration and gas exchange. Do you have a lid on your tank?

silverado61

Yep i have lid on my tank
That's aiding in trapping the nitrogen gasses released by the Nitrates in your system. My advice would be to take that off and either leave it an open top or if you're worried about jumpers cover the top with egg crate.

beredovon

Hi i
That's aiding in trapping the nitrogen gasses released by the Nitrates in your system. My advice would be to take that off and either leave it an open top or if you're worried about jumpers cover the top with egg crate.
hi . I am now setting up a QT tank? any advice? Can I use 2 sponge fillter in qt with air pump?

lmforbis

That is my preferred filtration for a QT. I also like to put a cheap power head in them. This keeps the water moving around and increases oxygenation. This is especially important if you end up having to treat the fish. Meds deplete the oxygen.