I need help to save my birdsnest

dangerfish

So I got a birds nest frag a month ago and everything was going find and then suddenly out of no where it started bleaching I think it might be because some of the parameters are low but how do I save it without my other frags not doing well because it seems that when my leather is doing good the birds nest is doing poorly and when my birds nest is doing great my leather seems to struggle. I also added some more calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium to the system but what else can I do.

My parameters are

Salinity: 1.025
Ph: 8.0
Temp: 78
Aka: 11.8 dkh
Cal: 450
Mag 1320
phosphate: .01
Nitrate: 0

I have a birds nest, a finger leather coral, two zoanthids, and a montipora (which I haven't seen any change in at all)

2quills

It doesn't sound good if it's loosing polyps. Birdsnest can be fairly hardy for sps but one thing they do not tolerate well are drops/swing in alk.

Is it completely white or does it still have some color?

2quills

That one is probably in need of a miracle at this point. My first one did the same thing after about a month.

Leathers (and most soft corals) produce toxins as their natural defense. Running carbon almost becomes imperative when keeping sps with them. You can try moving it if it's near your leather but it still looks pretty grim.

I've got one now that's doing great, it's colored up more since I bought it and it's really starting to grow. Only had it for 3 months but I've been maintaining my parameters religiously lately.

dangerfish

Ok sounds great I'll move it and see if that helps it at all if not then i'll wait on sps for a while, hopefully I'll get that miracle and it will survive. Thanks for the help

2quills

No prob.

Currious though. When I zoom in on the pic I see a dark spot or two on it. Wondering if you have flat worms in there or if its just shading. Hard to tell from the pick.