I will make SWF.com mad at me for this one!

eaglephot

Originally Posted by Bird Dog
http:///forum/post/2485484
Well I will say I have some fish I bought here in 2005 that are still swimming so I don't buy too often nor do I have the bucks. So I will still buy here.

I will buy here as long as they are in business. I am always happy with their service and live stock. Thanks!

hefner413

Here's what I've done: I've always gone to the LFS to get a single fish here or there, when the LFS has something impressive. But otherwise, I've made 4 orders on here... usually when I've got 2-3 fish/coral that I had been looking for and they finally were in stock at the same time.
Overall, The things I like about SWF orders: I've never had a "bad" looking specimen - always healthy, 15 day guarantee - they honor this 100%, and cheap shipping. I know they have to lose some cost with some of the larger orders.
But I do agree, I sure wish I didn't have to wish list things so much.

crashbandicoot

I have always herd wonderfull things about this site . The forums are great . But yes the selection is a tad shallow so to say . I have just reset up my 75 and its finished cycling . I'm ready to get some fish but sad to say I more than likely will be ordering from another site . Simply because my LFS is a death trap and this site while a great one has been out of the fish on my list for a while and it doesnt seams to hopeful to see them soon .

sepulatian

It is not SWF. Fish do not sit on a shelf somewhere and SWF can just get what they need. These fish are wild caught, sometimes they are not available. It happens frequently. It has nothing to do with who orders the product, what is available is shipped. It all depends on the time of the year and what the population is. Those that have the stock available may not sell as much, so the stock is there.

kidreef

yeah they need to carry frags of corals so they coluld keep prices down and also get some rare corals as well

eaglephot

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2485534
It is not SWF. Fish do not sit on a shelf somewhere and SWF can just get what they need. These fish are wild caught, sometimes they are not available. It happens frequently. It has nothing to do with who orders the product, what is available is shipped. It all depends on the time of the year and what the population is. Those that have the stock available may not sell as much, so the stock is there.
Exactly the point I was trying to make above. You can't just say, I need this fish tomorrow and expect to get it.

sh2000

Look at the site their inventory is simply depleted...basically no tangs, absolutely no corals...there's one thing to be out of chevron/purple tangs...but they should have more livestock and as far as the corals they have nothing! I have a credit and can not use it because they have nothing to buy. I don't belive they are a big company because they don't have a customer service number..I can't imagine a company big with no phone number.I won't even get into the equipment food salt etc...the best thing about the site is the boards
..instead of locking the thread listen to the ppl!

crashbandicoot

Out of 714 types of fish offered only 204 are avalible at this time . But on the other hand go to your LFS and count whats avalible for you to choose from . you have to take the bad with the good .

sepulatian

Yes, there are many unavailable at this time. Like I said, fish are not always available. I used to hand pick my fish. Fish are available when they are available. My distributer bought from all around the world. Certain species you can get most of the time and some times you cannot. That is just how it is. As far as the phone number, they choose to operate electronically. Tell me how you contact *bay when there is an issue. Many sites do not have phone numbers.

crashbandicoot

I'm sure that my lfs does not have 204 kinds of fish avalible even counting the fresh water . So basicaly what I am saying is yes there is a lot the offer that isnt avalibel but they still offer more than the LFS .

sciknen

im in the process of gettin my first tank together and the reason why i am here is because of this forum -- is not that great wen it comes to help i believe
but yea this site has barely any equip
rite now im not worried about the food or stuff just the equip
i would love to order my equip from here but they dont have any stuff really
as fish goes i think imma be more apt to go to my LFS
but yea dont locke this
it prob will be locked cuz i had something goin n it got locked

kelly

I run an online business that no way competes with this site, and do well enough that I make my living off of it. It is not as easy as you many may think... The cost of stocking enough inventory can be extremely expensive, knowing what to stock is also interesting as things always seem to change very quickly in this business or most other businesses.
Personally I have never ordered from this site, but I have and continue to do so from other sites (mostly hardware and salt). I agree the stock list here leaves a lot to be desired, but that is their business. It is winter time and cold throughout most of the U.S and maybe the reason the stock is down now is due to winter shipping problems in the past, or the expense / availability of the merchandise SWF wishes to carry.
I understand the links to competitive sites being banned, although I doubt it will decrease their business much. The problem with allowing links is that some people will abuse the privilege and use it to promote their own sites or sites for others.
If you are not happy with what SWF offers, you can always go to another site and purchase it there. SWF setup guidelines that they want followed for those that use their forums and that is their right. I totally understand the frustration of those that wish to support SWF, it is a wonderful community, but their business is theirs, let them run it the way they want to. They probably will anyways.
I think by now they probably have seen this post, and know how some of us feel, if they decide to make changes, great, if not, then they can continue to do what they are doing. I am sure they have some sort of business plan, and they need not make it known to us.
I continue to wish them the best of luck at what they are doing and hope they continue to provide these forums for us. It is a great opportunity for those of us within this hobby to share information with each other.

B

bonita69

I never bashed them on the livestock area because I understand that part and being out of stock. Any livestock I have purchased here has been outstanding agreed. Like I said I will wish list coral and livestock no problem!
But I am not willing to wait for Dry goods sorry
Read my very first post I talk more in dry goods here. Service has always been top notch I agree to that. I was saying stock DRY ITEMS we need and use they never have or don't even sell.
THEY DON"T EVEN SELL SALT? I mean come on the sell bioCubes fish,corals and such and will band you if you tell somebody where to get salt from to fill it.
So overall this is the point I was trying to make. DON"T BAND/LOCK POST FOR Telling or linking to other good sites for product if you can't step up and supply it right here on this site! Again dry good guys!

sh2000

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2485591
Yes, there are many unavailable at this time. Like I said, fish are not always available. I used to hand pick my fish. Fish are available when they are available. My distributer bought from all around the world. Certain species you can get most of the time and some times you cannot. That is just how it is. As far as the phone number, they choose to operate electronically. Tell me how you contact *bay when there is an issue. Many sites do not have phone numbers.
they have sevral numbers to call them they have 24/7 customer support via phone I call them all the time, and they have live internet customer service 24/7 they don't answer your emails after a week... and i gather get get a few more emails that swf ?