I will make SWF.com mad at me for this one!

B

bonita69

First off I will say this is a wonderful place to learn so much information!!
I understand links of others is forbidden but Guys you leave us no choice your stock is always out of stock! I want to buy from this great site but give us the stock to buy from. I think most all OF US WOULD BUY here if you had it on hand. The dry items we use alot of you seem to never have it in stock. I mean you guys don't even sell salt. The things we use and refer others to use you don't even have to sell. How about some nice lights fixtures, you sell bulbs but nothing to go with it? Better protien skimmers, plumbing parts, filter socks, all the litlte things and big things we use that you don't sell. How about better foods if you can ship corals you can ship frozen foods.
I understand the low stock on live goods but the others come on guys. I willing to
"wish list" corals but not dry goods. I mean SWF come on look at your customer base here look how many of us are here at ONE TIME don't you think when we refer sombody a product they look here first? It is one click away! I know I would
I know you can't supply every little thing we use but step up a little for us!
Sorry this has been building up in me for a long time and every time I see you lock a post it bothers me. This one I am sure will get locked too but I had to vent.

flricordia

I have to agree. I have looked many times for livestock and dry goods here and have always been disappointed in what is available. I have credit to use from the photo contest, but livestock is very limited avalability and dry goods nothing I use or the prices are just too high.

bird dog

I have to agree . Lets say I want to buy 3 fish . At least 2 are always out of stock. So I have to search for something I don't really want to fill order.

matt b

Originally Posted by bonita69
http:///forum/post/2485402
First off I will say this is a wonderful place to learn so much information!!
I understand links of others is forbidden but Guys you leave us no choice your stock is always out of stock! I want to buy from this great site but give us the stock to buy from. I think most all OF US WOULD BUY here if you had it on hand. The dry items we use alot of you seem to never have it in stock. I mean you guys don't even sell salt. The things we use and refer others to use you don't even have to sell. How about some nice lights fixtures, you sell bulbs but nothing to go with it? Better protien skimmers, plumbing parts, filter socks, all the litlte things and big things we use that you don't sell. How about better foods if you can ship corals you can ship frozen foods.
I understand the low stock on live goods but the others come on guys. I willing to
"wish list" corals but not dry goods. I mean SWF come on look at your customer base here look how many of us are here at ONE TIME don't you think when we refer sombody a product they look here first? It is one click away! I know I would
I know you can supply every little thing we use but step up a little for us!
Sorry this has been building up in me for a long time and every time I see you lock a post it bothers me. This one I am sure will get locked too but I had to vent.
YOU GO GURL!!!!

But ya they need more stuff

eaglephot

Well before it gets locked
, I think they aren't as big as a company as we think they are. I don't believe they have a huge staff to keep up with the demand if they became an online fish supply store. That is just my thought. Although, my thought could go the other way. They could hire more people in order to keep up because they would be making a lot more. But maybe they don't want a bigger store. I don't know. I am always very happy with the livestock.

eaglephot

Originally Posted by Bird Dog
http:///forum/post/2485424
I have to agree . Lets say I want to buy 3 fish . At least 2 are always out of stock. So I have to search for something I don't really want to fill order.
The fish are a hard thing. That does bug the heck out of me that they are always out of stock. I am on a ton of "email me" lists on the site. However, fish are a hard thing to keep in stock. Sometimes they can get them sometimes not. Fish aren't like light bulbs that they can order and get the next day. You can't always get your hands on fish. So I guess you could go either way.

B

bonita69

Now I saw them I could wrong here but I saw them say they was opening a huge location like last year or the year before. And it was advertised on this very site on the home page.
I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HAPPY with the live stock/rock don't get me wrong here on that one.

bird dog

Originally Posted by Eaglephot
http:///forum/post/2485439
The fish are a hard thing. That does bug the heck out of me that they are always out of stock. I am on a ton of "email me" lists on the site. However, fish are a hard thing to keep in stock. Sometimes they can get them sometimes not. Fish aren't like light bulbs that they can order and get the next day. You can't always get your hands on fish. So I guess you could go either way.
Their shipping is reasonable . It's just is not worth it if you only buy 1 fish unless its a superfish for big bucks.

dragonboy

Yeah thats true they never have anything to sell I can make more money if I was running this site. The chat board is a great and all but I think we should start our own chat board so we can post anything we want. Well if I were all of you we should go to other sites and start another new community there. Anyways I guess they need someone who is willing to work 24/7 on the site to keep updating the stock so that way people don't think they are out or have to delay any of the orders.

B

bonita69

Originally Posted by dragonboy
http:///forum/post/2485456
Yeah thats true they never have anything to sell I can make more money if I was running this site. The chat board is a great and all but I think we should start our own chat board so we can post anything we want. Well if I were all of you we should go to other sites and start another new community there. Anyways I guess they need someone who is willing to work 24/7 on the site to keep updating the stock so that way people don't think they are out or have to delay any of the orders.
Boy your not kidding they are setting on a jack pot and don't even know it. It is the owners fault!! I have been in selling market for years and I find that when companies have a good thing going and fail it is because the owners are NOT HEARING THE LITTLE GUYS that work for them that knows the trade and what is needed. You get BLA BLA we don't need that now get back to work little Johny.

eaglephot

But you have to think, maybe they don't want to grow the business. I VERY MUCH agree that they are sitting on a business that could take off. But, they may not want it too.

jmj6239

Totally Agree, It's hard to fill an order with what you want, due to not being available, not wanting to get filler items to get to the minimum. But Up here this is the most reasonable way to get good Quality Items, other than the Drs. not many reefers in out state MN to go in on an order or to trade with like down in FL ot the east coast.

B

bonita69

http:///forum/post/2485472
But you have to think, maybe they don't want to grow the business. I VERY MUCH agree that they are sitting on a business that could take off. But, they may not want it too.
then what is the point of starting any company?

jmj6239

http:///forum/post/2485472
I'd Do it if I had the time and facilities.

bird dog

Well I will say I have some fish I bought here in 2005 that are still swimming so I don't buy too often nor do I have the bucks. So I will still buy here.

eaglephot

Originally Posted by bonita69
http:///forum/post/2485476
then what is the point of starting any company?
Just because someone starts a company, that doesn't mean they want it to grow to be this huge business. Some people start a business to be small and stay small because they don't want to deal with it being big and having to hire tons of people to work for them.