ID Needed, Red Gracillaria Algae ?

blazin2k6

I was wondering if someone could tell me what this is and if it is problematic ? It was on a frag of zoos but has overwelmed them and they are no longer on the frag. But it is very pretty and just wondering if i should keep it or get rid of it ? I dont have any fish in my tank that eat this algae so i was wondering what to do with it.

blazin2k6

Yeah they overran the frag of zoos within days i am guessing. I didnt even notice the stuff and then i just noticed that my zoos werent doing so well then a couple days later there is a bush of this stuff on the frag rock. All my zoos are gone and i pull this stuff off but it just grows right back.

mr_x

i don't think that's Red Gracillaria parvispora, only because it's very hard to keep alive in captivity. i recently had some that did very poorly. it does look alot like it though. people call it "tang heaven" because tangs are supposed to love it. my tangs ate it, but they liked nori and bubble caulerpa much better.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by Mr_X
http:///forum/post/2675655
i don't think that's Red Gracillaria parvispora, only because it's very hard to keep alive in captivity. i recently had some that did very poorly. it does look alot like it though. people call it "tang heaven" because tangs are supposed to love it. my tangs ate it, but they liked nori and bubble caulerpa much better.
Its not Gracilaria Parvispora Its Gracilaria Tikvahiae .
Top center