Identifying cause of death

Shilpan

hey guys
My LMB, after eating for weeks, stopped eating, started hiding more and more, and now finally died this morning. It has a white belly with skin missing. I’ve posted some pictures. Could someone please help my identify why it died? And also what this means for my Chromis which is also in the quarantine tank?

Thank you

Ammonia: 0ppm yesterday and this morning.
A76A1B3A-4291-4A11-93CB-E04DBC638C50.jpeg

Shilpan

Yup that’s right it wasn’t in the pvc piping. It’s been hiding there for the past 2 days and refusing to leave it, even to eat food. I’ve never seen that white mark on its belly before for the past 5 weeks I’ve had it.

Well it looks like the skin peeled away and revealed white underneath maybe.

What’s the standard procedure for my chromis which is also in quarantine with it? Give it another week or something? It’s behaving normally but yeah.

Shilpan

Ohhh, that was probably the chromis then. That Chromis eats anything.

Just checked the chromis again it’s still fine. Scales and fins in perfect condition, eating well and swimming normally.

Well I guess if the Chromis has no signs of disease it can safely go into my DT once quarantine finishes eh?

Shilpan

Thank you for your help :)

Dangit I was very keen on this lawnmower blenny and I thought I would succeed with it because it was eating pellets. Oh well back to either looking for another pellet eating LMB or maybe I’ll get a Midas blenny or something.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Aggression from another fish. Best to QT fish alone. Also, LMB have a very specific diet that most hobbyists can't accomodate. What were you feeding it?

Shilpan

Hey guys
I was feeding it primarily nori, and omega one algae rounds. Every third day I’d chuck in some omega one pellets.

The Chromis finished quarantine so it’s in the DT now and doing well. Also my 16week fallow worked lol, no signs of ich on the Chromis after 2 days. Finally! Got rid of this damn parasite. And I’m going to quarantine religiously now. Got two clownfish in there now starting their quarantine. I’m gonna avoid LMb’s for now I don’t think I have the skill to care for them properly yet as Beth pointed out they’re difficult fish in the home aquarium.