I'M FREAKING THE F OUT!!!!

dustintx

Found something growing out of an empty snail shell this evening. In the picture I have you can not see the tenticle. But the white thing incrusted with sand particles shoots out a long white/greyish tenticle,possibly 2 tenticles and waves around. I will try and get a better photo,but my phone sucks bad with up close pics.
20171109_185216.jpg
20171109_185159.jpg

dustintx

It's coming out now!!!!! Trying to get better photo! It's pretty awesome,but am not sure if it something bad for the tank.

silverado61

I really have no freaking idea. I thought it might be Aptaisia but I've never heard of them collecting things on their tenticals. Keep it isolated for a few days and see what it does. It's a good photo but it's just not coming out enough to make out what it is.

dustintx

The tenticle you see,sometimes more than 1 comes out and searches around the shell,kind of like what the snout does on a nassarus snail. Then it goes back inside the shell.

jay0705

Its an atlantic vole urchin. Very rare invert from deep water trenches. Also iam full of shi@ lol you sure its not a snail? Possibly unlikely but a small octo?

dustintx

Lmao!!!!! Hilarious guys.

I am actually wondering if it's a type of snail or worm?

Octopus.....hilarious! !!!

dustintx

No I have not. I will attempt to feed after work today. It definitely seems like it made some sort of tube like home out of the crushed coral. Not sure if that is mucus or his body beneath the coral.

dustintx

Looks like it only has 2 tenticles,but I've just watched them get to about an inch long. It actually pulled a piece of crushed coral inside the tube it made.

jussery17

Could a narssius snail have completely come out of his shell and trying to get into a new one??? I've seen some narssius snails with really really long tentacles!

dustintx

I don't think thats the case. Because i have not seen the long black snout the nassarus has.
I'm mind boggled.
What about baby snails????

jussery17

I have about 3 huge narssius snails that has their tentacles the color that is in your picture! I have one narssius that is small/medium and it has a black one but the other ones are not black, weird but they are long tentacles