I'M FREAKING THE F OUT!!!!

dustintx

Yeah, it's pretty cool to see. I bet its been there all along,when I bought a handful of empty shells and it's probably just finally gotten big enough to see it. It's practically building a house out of crushed coral.
Why does nobody know?!!!!!

jussery17

Haha..... so weird.... hey now the mystery is solved,can someone help me out and sorry dont mean to go off topic dustin, but I've started to get diatom on my sand and this morning its spread significantly....ive been using phosbond but hasn't really done justice, well yesterday I took it out early in the morning and went and bought NOPOX....well I dosed last night according to my gallon tank which is 75 and this morning it just looks cloudy and spreading more! Even see diatom in my protein skimmer! Can someone give me some advice on what the heck to do? Kinda starting to freak myself as it is ugly and dont want it to kill any corals or fish, the nopox I mean...

dustintx

How long has the tank been set up? Are you doing water changes? Did you add a bunch of live stock all ar once?
What about your water parameters?
Need this info to help you better.

jussery17

My tank has been set up for about 6 months and during cycling, I never did have a bloom or anything....and i use rodi water only! My levels are
amm. 0
Ph-8
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-20ppm

These levels were 2 days ago.....and I started getting.the bloom about 3 weeks ago barely do I bought some phosbond and some snails and it took it away...Well after 4 days I took it out of my filter like it said and all was fine....and a few days ago it came back with vengeance! Do I bought phosguard and it didn't do anything....after 4 days it wasn't getting better so I was advised to get the NOPOX...so I did and dosed last night....

jussery17

And I change out 5 gallons of fresh rodi salt water about 2-3 times a week...and no I have never added livestock all at once or too quickly...the least amount of time I waited in between adding was 1 month

jussery17

I have 2 clowns, 1 midas Kenny, 1 pair of watchman and pistol, 3 narssius snails, 1 pep shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 paly frags , one zoanthid frag , one small colony of zoanthids, and one frogspawn and one neon green spotted mushroom....

jussery17

I've always been very anal about keeping hands out of my tank and doing water changes and top off with rodi...I'm guessing silicates and phosphate got into the tank from the corals excreting it? Not sure but this brown crap is spreading so fast....it's even in my protein skimmer now...and I got up this morning after dosing nopox last night and the tank was a little cloudy

jussery17

Well I didd habe three turbo snails but two got eaten. So I have one that I'll get off the glass and set places to help clean....I have one astrea T hats been in there since the beginning that has had baby's and the baby's stay in one big rock but he's not really interested in cleaning the cyano ...he likes to go to the filter...lol I did have hermits and a six line but I caught them all eating one of my new zoa frags which was kinda weird but say here and.watched them. So I took them out....my cleaner shrimp lives eating the brown cyano and the one turbo left can really munch that stuff down man....and I have a two bulb t5 fixture and a mars aqua 165s but since this outbreak I very rarely use the mars aqua if any and just the t5s about a foot off the water. And the zoas and frogspawn love the t5....just tested my nitrate and it's between 5ppm and 10ppm

jussery17

Just really don't know what to do at this point...according to nopox instructions, if my nitrates haven't reached 1-2ppm I keep dosing, but don't know the phosphates yet...I only dosed once last night and when we got home it looked like the cyano was getting a little better but this morning it was a little cloudy...fish are very happy right now, clowns playing in the powerheads and blenny swimming away lol

dustintx

Are you sure they were eating your Zoas? Id buy a couple mexican turbos and some blue legged hermits. You have way too little CUC. I would also cut back on feeding your fish and even cut a couple hours of light on your tank until its under control.
I run purigen and phosgard and I also have biomax in my sump for added biological filtration along with Caulerpa algae in my refugium. Seems to be doing great!
Do you have a sump/refugium?