I'm getting a BLASTO YAYYYYY

spanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/381514/i-m-getting-a-blasto-yayyyyy/20#post_3324925
This is just my 2nd one....I have the Crocea, and now the gold maxima....my calcium is still over 450.....I will be checking again this weekend also though
good stuff. Keep your eye on it as clams require large amounts of calcium to grow and prosper and can deplete calcium quickly. Also watch your alkalinity and magnesium as these three work in concert with each other and all three need to be kept at natural seawater values.

spanko

Calcium (Ca)
Natural Seawater Value: 400 mg/L
Acceptable Range: 350 to 450 mg/L
Calcium is critical to healthy coral
skeletal growth, and many other biological processes. Maintenance of calcium levels that are
at or near seawater values is an important factor in having a healthy reef aquarium.
Magnesium (Mg)
Natural Seawater Value: 1280 mg/L
Acceptable Range: 1100 to 1400 mg/L

Magnesium is a very important part of the water buffering system, and is incorporated into coral skeletons. It is also critical to any photosynthetic processes.
Alkalinity (meq/L)

Natural Seawater Value: 2.5 meq/L (7 dKH)

Acceptable Range: 2.5 to 5.0 meq/L (7 - 14 dKH)

Maintaining an appropriate alkalinity is crucial to maintaining a healthy aquarium. A fluctuating alkalinity will lead to serious problems in maintaining an appropriate pH, as well as problems keeping calcium and magnesium levels within required ranges

meowzer

WELL....the blasto is doing great....the clam had a rough night....it seems the sailfin did not like where I put it
and picked it up and tossed it off....well after putting it back 3x and the same thing happening I gave up and went to work this morning....when I got home, my husband and I repositioned it...OMG...as I am typing this the dam sailfin went to go after it

also the poor little green acan is the center of abuse.....last night after it got picked up and tossed around, we glued it to the bottom of a rock....THEY PULLED IT OFF!!!!!
it seems to me that I can only buy LARGE stuff..
Can acans go on rock...or do they have to be on the sand?????

nissan577

mom i must say i love the clam and acans! i love my acans! :) you remember fcatch76? i got them from him! you should go on Renagade and PM to give you amzing prices on them. tell him i sent you im sure he will hook you up :)

nissan577

lol thankgod your question was right there :)
well my acans are always on the sand i guess cause they way they get but ive seen them on rocks too. depends on you. i love them on the sand cause the way they make the sand not look to plain :)