In memory of Tobin (aka Seasalt)

1journeyman

Many members have expressed an interest in posting their farewells to our friend Tobin. Please feel free to do so here.We'll leave it up for a while to give everyone a chance to post.
I'll start:
You'll always be missed Tobin. Your strength, humility, love for Jenny. and will to get the most out of live came through every day that you posted.
We'll be here for Jenny, and some of us will continue to fight the good fight against those dang political viewpoints that drove ya so crazy

John

m0nk

Tobin will be greatly missed, I'll always remember that he thought I look like my turtle avatar, it brings a smile to my face just thinking about it. He was a very strong person to have fought as long as he did, and that strength will live on in others' memories. And for Jenny, you're an amazing person to have stood by him. You will both be in my thoughts.

bigarn

Heaven will never be the same now Tobin. I know you will take care of Jenny and the kids. You are a hero to us all.
bigarn

ric maniac

jenny, you are a blessing. god put you here for many reasons, but one of them was to make a difference in Tobin's life. with his wife leaving him/cheating on him and his cancer, you were the light at the end of the tunnel. as long as you keep Tobin in your heart, he will not be forgotten. don't be to sad about it, he is with god and jesus and is out of his misery. I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be sad. here are the threads about Tobin if anyone wants to read them again. god bless his soul and your too jenny.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/295868/tobins-last-pics
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/295868/tobins-last-pics
Rest In Peace Tobin.
you made a difference.

miaheatlvr

Gonna miss your company and snive comments, sometimes at 2 or 3am,, R.I.P, Gods speed and see you on the other side....

tangman99

Farewell Tobin and Godspeed to you! I enjoyed reading your posts and I really had a deep respect for how you dealt with your illness and your strength. Watch out over us from where you are now and help us to remember to enjoy life and to not take anything too seriously.
You will be dearly missed my friend.

tne1cancme

Jenny ,
I've never talked to anyone on this web page about fish, but I know about you and tobin through Tim (my husband) he told you and Tobin's story to our youth group at our church. Our children have prayed for your guys faithfully, even when we were not at church to remind them, they remembered you guys. I hope you felt the peace and comfort that they prayed for you. It has been a blessing in ther lives and ours to get to know you and your story. I think it is amazing that God can use a fish tank web sight to connect people and form what we refer to as a friend-ship with you and Tobin. We will continue to pray for you in the days to come.
Tracy John

ric maniac

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
bless you guys ...jenny
no, bless you for being there for Tobin. I'm sure his life was improved 10 fold by your presence. you are an angel in a human's body, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

crimzy

I'm kind of at a loss for words right now. I just got back into town and saw these threads about Tobin passing. It's strange how someone on a forum can have such an impact on us. In Tobin's case, I think the fact that he opened his life to the SWF world made everyone care about him. I can just say that I'm glad to have known him (in a very limited way) and offer my condolences. At times like this words just don't seem to do justice...
Sorry for your loss Jenny...

jtrzerocool

Thanks tobin for all of the great advise and stories that you shared...you will be greatly missed...and thank you jenny for your heroic nature... R.I.P. Tobin

shogun323

Tobin I wish that there were more people around with your character. Although SWF.com is merely a message board, your character shined through the posts you typed. We never met you in person but everyone here can vouch that you were a man of great faith, integrity, optimism, compassion, and you were always willing to lend a few keystrokes to help someone out. In your circumstances many people would have become bitter, but you rose above and truly lived life to the fullest!!
We need more Tobins in this world!!

God Bless,
~wade

wattsupdoc

To Live Is To Love
Who could have lived and never been loved?
None.
Who could have lived and never loved.
None.
To live is to love.
To love is to live.
Love transcends life.
Love transforms life.
A life without love,
Is void and destitute.
A mere existence,
of painful solitude.
To have truly known love,
Is to have truly lived.
It is the most precious,
Of life's wondrous gifts.
It is the light,
In the darkest days.
It shines on your path,
It lights the way.
It warms your heart,
In winters cold.
It lifts you up,
And fills your soul.
It is the way,
To heavens gates.
The only key,
To what awaits.
You cannot be gone,
When loved by so many.
For you, Dear Tobin,
Know the love of Jenny.
Charlie Bunch

nigerbang

What words to describe such a person..
I will say HERO!
As mentioned before we do need more people like you Tob's...Always willing to chat when you felt up to par and even times when you did'nt.
90% of people would give up hope and that would be the end..
You never gave in and fought until the end..My father found out he had stage 4 liver and had given up so early, I told him the story of how you kept going no matter what, and it has given him the fight that you had..My dad has never even seen this website or seen your dancing chicken that we all will miss, but you have given him the insperation to keep going and that now he knows he can beat and will beat it..You were an inspiration for me when I needed someone the most and helped me and my dad in more ways than you would ever imagine...
Jen...God bless you and may his joys shine upon you everyday...

jennythebugg

when he first got sick we were told that writing was a good outlet so he would stay up till 3 or 4 in the morning after the kids went to bed and the house was quiet and write i wanted to share a couple of them with you
Bigger man than I
by :Tobin Arnold
my shadow is a bigger man than I
if you ask I'll tell you why
he shows up when I do no worries in his head
He does the same things I do all day until bed
On saturdays we go to the park
He obeys the rules-won't stay after dark
he never complains gripes or moans
when he is sick you hear no groans
my wife yells at me not him
he's got it easy i cannot win
is he religious ? i'm not real sure
but he is faithful and seems real pure
is he my friend? i say that he is
he's just real quiet tending his biz
Jennybugg
by: Tobin Arnold
mean bugs bite, nice ones don't
mean bugs fight and good ones won't
I like a bug , I like her alot
She's my best friend , she's all I got
My bug left one sad day
but now she's back and she wants to play
around the bushes and under the cars
Beyond the moon and past the stars
my bug has a twinkle in her eye
because my bug loves this tall guy
the squirrel
by:Tobin Arnold
I saw a squirrell in a tree
eating nuts impatiently
he stuffed his cheeks
he stuffed his gums
i should offer him a tums
he runs down the limbs so fast
stops to pant , stops to gasp
he twitched his nose then shook his tail
then took off running , like escaping jail
i don't see him anymore
but i'll come back tomorrow thats for sure
Untitled
By:Tobin Arnold
My eyes have seen some wonderous things
My son's first breath and old dead kings
rocket ships and wedding rings
My Dad told me when I was young
'be careful with love-you could get stung'
I am ever grateful for God's gifts
when things get bad His love lifts
My whole life I give to you
The kids are great I love them too
Youv'e always filled me with desire
It consumes me like a fire
Long ago and far away God put us together He leads the way
If we trust in Him and remember to pray
I have cancer , but I have hope
Together we'll make it that ain't no joke
I sit down and reflect
my love for you and great respect
I smile to myself inside
When I think of our family I fill with pride
It's been so great ,thanks for the ride
just a few of my favorites hope you enjoyed them

puffer32

I didn't see this thread until last night because i rarely come to this board. I couldn't respond to it till today. There just was no words. Words still are hard to find to express my sympathy. My kids dad has cancer also, he wasn't supposed to live past last weekend, but he is still with us. Cancer took my dad and favorite aunt, what a shame we have so much modern tecnology, yet we can't find a cure for this horrible disease that at one time or another effects a loved one.
Goodbye Tobin..............

alix2.0

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
Jennybugg
by: Tobin Arnold
mean bugs bite, nice ones don't
mean bugs fight and good ones won't
I like a bug , I like her alot
She's my best friend , she's all I got
My bug left one sad day
but now she's back and she wants to play
around the bushes and under the cars
Beyond the moon and past the stars
my bug has a twinkle in her eye
because my bug loves this tall guy
this one's my favorite! its so sweet. jeez i miss that dancin chicken.