in wall tank pics wanted.....

joncat24

Thanks alot wango.....I took it down for now, I am building custom sumps and refugiums now and I am planning a 300 gallon to go in the spot where the 180 was.
I am building skimmer, calcium reactor and mega sump first along with the frag tank I built. Gonna get frags going first and let them grow for a few months before I start up the tank.
But thanks for the kind words.

wangotango

^ i had no idea you took it down, how long ago was this? hopefully the 300 will turn out just as nice.
-Justin

joncat24

I took it down about a month ago. I sold all livestock with it. A guy came from Ky with a truck and a trailer and took it all with him.
I will be starting from scratch with the new one. I learned alot on the first one and now I know what I really want as far as equipment and livestock goes.
If you guys know anyone needing a sump or a fuge....send em my way. godd prices and custom built for them.
Back to the original poster's question. Here is a link for my tank when I started it.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/225352/new-180-in-the-works

anubix00

would anyone know of any literature or websites of in wall tanks. maybe something like a basic guide of tips and whatnot. and yes joncat, that was a very nice tank. thats acutally something i will eventually be striving for.

ginarox

Originally Posted by joncat24
I took it down about a month ago. I sold all livestock with it. A guy came from Ky with a truck and a trailer and took it all with him.
I will be starting from scratch with the new one. I learned alot on the first one and now I know what I really want as far as equipment and livestock goes.
If you guys know anyone needing a sump or a fuge....send em my way. godd prices and custom built for them.
Back to the original poster's question. Here is a link for my tank when I started it.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=225352
wow!! jon i am so sad to hear this,,,i loved your tank it was so awesome, and such a joy to look at,,theres only three on this site that i truely enjoy seeing,,,please keep us posted on your progress of your 300 gallon...ttyl...have a great night....
eww! that didnt sound good, not that i dont enjoy others too,,but i do have my favorites....hehe

joncat24

Originally Posted by anubix00
would anyone know of any literature or websites of in wall tanks. maybe something like a basic guide of tips and whatnot. and yes joncat, that was a very nice tank. thats acutally something i will eventually be striving for.
I have never seen any kind of instuctions , so to speak. It is really very simple though. I did mine form front to back, meaning I cut the hole first and worked my way back from there. If you can use a level , tape measure and a saw you should be in good shape. I am no carpenter by any means, but if you think it out and take your time it is very simple. Any questions, feel free to ask away.
Do you have the tank yet, or are you still planning???

anubix00

im still very early in the planning stages. for your tank, how much room did you have on the backside of that tank? was it like an extra room, or like a closet or what?
bkneeland, do you have any pictures from the other side of the wall?

B

bkneeland

could send you some, what is your email...it isn't hard to figure out, if you have any questions, just ask

ifirefight

Originally Posted by bkneeland
here is my in wall tank
That is an AWESOME set-up...We really are going to have to see more pictures of this.

B

bkneeland

the back of mine is in the utility room, have floor drains and water back there and an unfinished floor so I can be as messy as i want and the wife doesn't care!

B

bkneeland

one more and just a hint, so you don't see thru your tank use window tint on the back of the tank!