Iodine supplement needed?

flower

That makes sense, just wish I would of researched it more before I decided to use the iodine. I'm not sure what level the iodine in my tank is at the moment. I do weekly water changes and haven't used the iodine supplement in almost a month, but I've been too nervous to add another shrimp because I don't want him in a toxic environment.
Won't water changes rebalance things and help with dropping the iodine levels? I never dosed it, (dodged a bullet there thanks to this site) The LFS years ago sold it to me with the same garbage info they are famous for. LOL...I might still have the unused bottle someplace.

The bottom line is this, NEVER dose ANYTHING in your tank without doing tests first to know if you even need it, and how much to add if you do.

Krisd

Won't water changes rebalance things and help with dropping the iodine levels? I never dosed it, (dodged a bullet there thanks to this site) The LFS years ago sold it to me with the same garbage info they are famous for. LOL...I might still have the unused bottle someplace.

The bottom line is this, NEVER dose ANYTHING in your tank without doing tests first to know if you even need it, and how much to add if you do.
Agreed, best advice you can give someone about adding supplements to your tank. I feel like the tank is okay now, I've done at least four 5 gallon water changes over the past month. Someone also told me to check my Calcium level because my snails were not being very active and my calcium was very low so now I'm working on getting it back up. Yesterday when I tested it was about 350 and I believe it needs to be between 400 and 450. So before I add any other critters I want to make sure all my levels are good.