is totm dead?

snakeblitz33

YUP! Been gone for a long time. The Mods don't want to have to deal with the stress of doing a TOTM nomination on here. Sad, really. I would still love to have one...

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/395806/is-totm-dead#post_3524770
YUP! Been gone for a long time. The Mods don't want to have to deal with the stress of doing a TOTM nomination on here. Sad, really. I would still love to have one...
The MODS did not decide to stop it.......it ran its course and SWF ended it
geesh

snakeblitz33

Lol.
Poke poke jab jab wink wink.
I guess it did run its course. With membership decreasing and regular posters leaving its hard to do a totm.

flower

What's a totm? I must be suffering a brain fart, but I can't figure it out...one of the "T's" has to stand for Tank.

2quills

It was always a random member that hasn't posted in years but owns a really expensive camera that would pop up out of the blue only when they had contests who actually won those things. .The more recent little photo contests that they have done seemed pretty cool.
Seth, all I can say is that when I got here in 2010 the diy forum was deader than a door nail. I've seen a definite growth in build threads since then.and I hope to see some more home grown, future totm winners around here as well. O' yes, It will happen!

ibew41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/395806/is-totm-dead#post_3524911
It was always a random member that hasn't posted in years but owns a really expensive camera that would pop up out of the blue only when they had contests who actually won those things. .The more recent little photo contests that they have done seemed pretty cool.
Seth, all I can say is that when I got here in 2010 the diy forum was deader than a door nail. I've seen a definite growth in build threads since then.and I hope to see some more home grown, future totm winners around here as well. O' yes, It will happen!
no just own a crappy droid phone w/camera it was just a question liked seeing the different tanks. stopped posting here when people started posting with replies like this.I just pop in once and awhile this site has pretty much died out I posted in the sps about 3 months ago and it's still on the top so ya site has dried up.

2quills

Did I miss something here? Sorry you took the simple observation that I've made based on my experience here as an insult. It wasn't directed at you, persay.
IMO, you can't even have a casual conversation around here without someone getting their panties all in a bunch for no good reason. Maybe that's why its so dead.

ibew41

2quills try rereading your reply to my question and if you cant see something other than an insult.I post on 4 different sites this being the slowest also with the most kind of these comments

2quills

Sorry, I don't see. I've seen you around here before quite a few times in the past. Thats why I didn't expect to the response that you gave.
But obviously it struck a nerve with you. Sorry I wasn't raised to be more sensitive about that kind of stuff.

ibew41

hummm wasn't directed per say ,panties in a bunch ,sorry I wasn't raised to be more sensitive ,maybe raised wrong.coming from a guy that had a 3 yr tank build that I didn't think ever saw a fish.one of the reasons I did come back is because of that thread being a joke on another forum.If you want to make rude comments expect them back.ya done here wont be missing much

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think the comment was meant to be a jab. It was a reflection about what has happened when we've had photo contests.