Kessil A80 tuna blue

I have a 10g tank right now with current USA orbit marine led and I was looking at the kessil A80 tuna blue would these be a good upgrade from the LEDs I am using. Also I have zoanthids, candy cane, and hammer would these light grow them pretty good? What other types of coral/anemone could do good with these lights too in a 10g tank?

jay0705

Kessils are great lights. You can grow anything under them. Now a nem in a 10 could be tricky. Bc if things go bad it will wipe out everything

lmforbis

Softies and LPS should work with the a80 but not an anemone. Snake just got one and seems very happy with it. I run the bigger ones (A360WE) and have had success with anemones.

If I bought the kessil a80 with the controller and a arm to hold it I think it would cost the same as if I bought the AI prime hd with a arm to hold that. Which one is better if t is going to cost me about the same for each one.

jay0705

There both good. Ive never heard a bad thing with kessils other then the cost. Ai , i could be wrong but thought i have seen iffy reviews on some

snakeblitz33

The Kessil a80 is fanless, it's entirely passively cooled. I really like the color of these lights, however, if you are really into a lot of mods and like to try new things with your lights, you won't have those options with the Kessil like you would the AI.

Also, the spectral controller must be plugged into the light at all times. If you unplug it, it will revert back to the old settings that you manually set and it will not turn off without a light timer. Yes, you can put a kessil a80 on a cheap light timer and manually set the dials. You don't have to have the spectral controller to be able to use it. I'm happy with mine.

I have seen the AI light and messed with its settings. It's kind of frustrating to get it to link to the phone and there are some other technical glitches... But yeah, it does more stuff.... But who really needs lightning storms?

2quills

From what I can tell the Kessil 80s only consume 15 watts vs the Prime HDs 45 watts. That would explain why there's no fan on the Kessil 80 since it only puts out 1/3rd of the power.

That being said you probably don't need the full power of the Prime HDs on such a shallow tank unless you want high light demanding livestock.

The fans on my Hydras are silent. I never know if they're on or off unless I get close to the tank and listen for them. They only turn on if the fixtures reach a certain temperature.