lateral line or changing color on my Koran

markj

how i can i tell if my koran has HLLE (head and lateral line erosion) or is just changing color? he eats well and the erosion is only on his head. he doesn't appear to have any pitting. thanks

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if I can help you with this one, but I will share an experience I have that is exactly like yours.
I have a Regal Tang that I acquired while he was quiet young. Well this fish loves to lodge himself in between tight crevis [namely blue coral] which worked out fine for a baby fish. However, as he grew, he continued to lodge himself in between the tight crevis of his favorite blue coral, only it was now a tight fit for him. I started to notice a wasting away around his head [the scales were pealed off around the head and eye areas]. Well, I figured, like you, "oh, oh....lateral line
"...however, the fish remained health, happy, eating and swimming. The "erosion" never got better, but it didn't get worse either. It occurred to me then, that he was self-inflicting this as he lodged head first into the tight crevises of this rock. Ok, I removed the rock. He, of course, found another blue coral to lodge in. Now I removed that. I am waiting to see if I see any improvement, and, of course, any real sign of disease. Perhaps you should spend some time observing where your fish is spending his "down" time
; especially his sleep time. Like me, as I sit at my computer too much with my legs crossed in the chair, I am developing an indentation on my leg as it presses against the armchair! I gotta stop sitting like this!