Lets keep it intresting

jay0705

I have 3 sw fish tanks. Lately all i do is maintain them. Feed, water change, ect. My dwarf lion has gotten soo big. Beautiful looking fish, from what i can see threw the alage lol. Hopefully with winter i will slow down and get my ass in gear. I haven't bought a new fish in like 9 months!!!!! Lol

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Three tanks is a good amt of work. Not sure I'd be lookin' for more. LOL

snakeblitz33

Its not really that bad if you KISS it.

adding another level to your skills can be intimidating, but you could gain confidence with time. Starting out with cheap soft corals and gaining experience as you go. If money isn't really too big of a hurdle for you to get over, then you could easily change up one of your tanks that hasn't been medicated with copper.

snakeblitz33

Well, I have a 5g reef tank with 12 years experience. Big tanks take a lot of money for lighting and equipment. They also take a lot of money to fill up with corals if you are impatient for them to grow in. A 40g breeder tank is a perfect starting size for corals. It's just big enough not to be considered a nano tank and enough gallons where the water chemistry doesn't change as rapidly. It's also small enough to not take up a lot of money setting it up - because of the lighting, pumps, skimmer and filter.

There are both advantages and disadvantages of going either big or going small - depends on your level of skill. Personally, my judgement is that you have been in the hobby for a while and obviously know how to keep fish and inverts alive, Why not try to keep a smaller coral tank, like a 40g breeder?

florida joe

Jay which do you have the orbit marine or pro

When I first switched from halide bulbs and T5s I went with two 60 inch orbits and had no problems with soft corals I now run on pro and they will support soft and hard corals

Last edited: