Lets see some Acan collections..

bill109

hey everyone,
ive got this "acan fever" lately goin on and i am liking the way they look in larger colonies. i took some pics of my acans, i want to see your acan collection.
ill start.
nice odd blue aqua

i love the purple edges on this orange acan!

a personal favorite! i call it the midnight madness acan

and the overall collection.. =)

Ejoy,
Got Acans?
Lets See them!!
-bill

meowzer

I'm at work so I have no pictures, BUT...my acans do not puff like that.....what could the reason be????

bill109

NikeSB,
those acans in the last picture look awesome! i wish i had a nice camera like that to take pictures of that caliber!
awesome shots.
do you have any problems with the tissue receding with placing them on the sand? or do you use a larger grain sand? i have found that sand can cause tissue infections and will result in the tissue receding and dying.. in the pictures it loooks like larger grain sand but correct me if im wrong please. or maybe last thought it lower flow in the tank to the sand doesnt get disturbed?

nikesb

Thanks! i have yet to experience tissue receding from placing them on the sand. they do grow into ball forms on the sand and can grow in on themselves killing the babies, but the trick to counter this is to place them on the sand and DONT move them. they build up a mucous lining on top of the nearby sand from what I've seen. if theres space on the rocks, its best they stay on the rocks. i also use sugar grain sand and still havent seen signs of any receding. ive had over 10 acans and sold most of them.

bill109

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeSB http:///forum/thread/382127/lets-see-some-acan-collections#post_3332778
Thanks! i have yet to experience tissue receding from placing them on the sand. they do grow into ball forms on the sand and can grow in on themselves killing the babies, but the trick to counter this is to place them on the sand and DONT move them. they build up a mucous lining on top of the nearby sand from what I've seen. if theres space on the rocks, its best they stay on the rocks. i also use sugar grain sand and still havent seen signs of any receding. ive had over 10 acans and sold most of them.
hm.. that is interesting. i bet it is the sand. i have fine sine a little smaller than sugar grain size and it worked for awhile, but with my wrasse trying to burro every couple of days, i get free floating sand debris from time to time. i would like to make an acan sand bed in my tank. ill have to give it a try and watch.
what kind of sand are you using? brand name or is it from the lfs? here they have a bunch in tanks and they just scoop it out and sell it by the lb.

J

jstdv8

wow guys, those are really really awesome! I don't have any acans at all. Gotta get me some of those sweet rainbow looking things. pretty easy to keep?

aquaknight

Just got this Panny Lumix today, so still figuring this camera out, but here's my albeit-dull Indo Acans.... I'll get a full colony shot tomorrow (50'ish heads). Not just really a frag type of person, and colonies of acans in desirable colors, I just have too many hobbies...

Side dicussion, Bill, is that an M or Sport equip'd 5?

bill109

AquaKnight - it is a sport equipped 5, but it looks identical to the m5 with the m5 bumper upgrades. its a beauty.

bill109

nice acans, post up again if you see them adjust to yuour lighting a little more and they colors adjust.
here are a few pics of some new acans, and some pre existing. out of the new additions there was only 3 i could get good shots of. =(
anyways, here are some photos
i have been trying to get this acan for awhile now, the red, pink green and purple is an unbeatable combo.

stronger blue leds

strongest led lights. led only

these ones are weird

orange envys

these acans arent new, but are coloring up so niceee try not to mind the little led light that was on when i took the picture.

bill109

ah, yes new new new new!
i bought an LED light fixture and its making my acans look great, check it out. i also purchased some new acans.

bill109

i cant figure out how to get the pics on here any more, i tried all the codes it gave me from photo bucket.
whats the deal

aquaknight

Can't really embed codes anymore. You need to copy the direct pic url, then click the picture button in the post toolbar, then the Image Url tab, and paste in Import Url, then click submit.