Let's see some Chalice pics!!

hypertek99

Well the Chalice crave finally hit me. Just got the original mummy eye today.

Here's my other 2 chalice to show off.

zeppelin

Thanks guys. That piece came in from Australia about a year or so ago, and I was lucky enough to get part of it. It likes more light than most chalice, IMO, which is a good thing. Its growing under a 250 watt MH in my display.
Most chalice are moderate/slow growers. There are exceptions, but that has been my experience overall. Most like medium/lower light also. Allot of them will brown out if they are getting too much light.
Here's another one for the thread.

sula

This is the type of chalice that has a plating growth pattern, similar to a monti cap. I *think* it's an Echinopora ? anyone know whether this is correct?

coraljunky

Originally Posted by Sula
http:///forum/post/2818406
This is the type of chalice that has a plating growth pattern, similar to a monti cap. I *think* it's an Echinopora ? anyone know whether this is correct?
Yep, Echinopora lamellosa. I have a True Tyree and it looks extremely similar to yours.

sula

Coraljunky, thank you, that's what I thought. I am pretty sure mine is a descendent of that Tyree piece as well. I got this chalice and a Montipora Undata from the same guy who said he couldn't prove lineage, but was told when he bought that it was Tyree. It definitely has "the look"...

zeppelin

Sula
I have some of that as well. Mine originally came from RandyO. I think he got it from Tyree also. I love the way it grows.
Nice aussie piece rebel.

bizzleb01

Here is my first one. Just got it today. I don't know what kind it is or anything. Will they spread onto the sand? It's starting to grow around the frag plate it's on. Do you feed them at all or just lighting?

mr_x

yes, at night when the lights go out , wait till the tentacles come out, and turn the flow off..and feed away!

petjunkie

There's three in here, large one in back, alien eye below it and red one to the lower left, apparently the best pic of the alien eye I have