Like to add another fish

kaiser

Right now I have in a 29G:
1 yellow-tail damsel
1 tomato clown
1 coral beauty angel
I'd like to get another (probably final) fish to complete the tank. I'd like something that's colorful, tough enough for these tankmates, and won't spend 24 hours hiding in the LR.
What would you recommend?

duke13

The damsel and tomator clown would be fine but I think a 29 gal may be too small for a Coral Beauty. You may want to consider a jawfish or possibly something from the blennie family.

coxy101

With the coral beauty, I think you are at maximum capacity. If you found another home for the angel, I would get something like a watchman goby or a bangaii cardinal (I don't know if it would be okay with a damsel) or firefish.
Damsels get so mean, especially in a smaller tank.

duke13

Originally posted by Coxy101
Damsels get so mean, especially in a smaller tank.

Damsels are worthless, I truly hate the mean

[hr]
with a passion. If you want something from the Damsel family, I would suggest the blue chromis. They are very peaceful and look awesome swimming in a small school.

viper_930

In that small of a tank I'd recommend going witha smaller species of clownfish like a percula or ocellaris.

liontamer

Well, SOME people claim to have two almost full grown tangs in a 29 gallon, but I wouldnt recommend doing it. Also, I have a yellow tail damsel and it is as peaceful as anything, but it just oges to show with a fish.... Like saying all Nazis were mean, cruel people. Some of them just followed Hitler so they wouldnt get killled ya know.... Bad analogy. LOL. A royal Gramma is definitely a good choice for yer next fish, and maybe cut bak on the angel and get like a flame angel instead?

fishguy_40

a couple bar gobies add a lot of life... how about a couple pyjama cardinals. sixlines are cool. this is all assuming you have a pretty good amount of LR and a good skimmer.

liverock27

In my 30g I just have a pair of marron clowns and a LMB. My maroons have finally had a leathertoadstool host them, so they stay on one side of the tank now. Could I think about another fish or should i just leave a good thing alone?