Long Tentacle Anemone LED Lighting

kcm4

I purchased a long tentacle anemone for my 55 gal community tank (probably expanding to at least a 75 at some point) and was wondering what people's favorite LED lighting was and if mine was enough. I have a Beamswork DA 0.50W Series LED Pent Aquarium Light 48" from Amazon (link is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016P93O2A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It's rated 10000K white and Actinic 460nm. Is this enough for it? I want to eventually look into other anemones and corals, is this strong enough for some or should I return and invest in another light? I am looking into only LEDs because they last and don't heat up the water. Any suggestions?

jay0705

For leds and nems its generally you get what you pay for. You need high end leds for a nem. They need alot of light. Most folks like kessils. That said some people swear by the cheap chinese box leds. Biggest issue is durability, but long term and quality. Kessil

2quills

Unfortunately I don't think you'll have long term success with that fixture in regards to anemones.

Some of the cheaper Chinese fixtures work because they use high powered LEDs. But they use low quality ones that don't tend to last very long.

I've been running my aqua illumination fixtures for 5 years now and I haven't had to replace a led or power supply yet (knock on wood).

kcm4

Thanks for the suggestions! Looking it up they're definitely on the pricier end, which makes sense for the quality, but I also found some others off a list of best LED lights that seem a bit more budget friendly (article link: https://aquariumadviser.com/best-led-lighting-for-reef-tanks/)
One in particular caught my eye:
Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GFTQDQK/ref=as_at?creativeASIN=B00GFTQDQK&linkCode=w61&imprToken=Sq2tqdWQaanHBt91MFIsXA&slotNum=0&tag=aqualedlight-20)
Any opinions on that light or the others listed? I'm looking to spend ideally less than $250 and definitely want something with a timer that will reach the bottom of my 55 for my anemone and hopefully some corals eventually. I know you often get what you pay for, but I also know I shouldn't need anything crazy fancy at this point- though I am trying to think ahead :)

lmforbis

The problem is anemones are one of the most light demanding sea creatures. You might be OK with a current USA but I have doubts.

Moortime

I purchased upgraded LED lighting and pumps. I dropped over 1000 in the system. About 4 months ago.
My system is 72" dual led lights with the bluetooth controller. It's from USA current it included DC 2 wave pumps, and 2 DC high flow filter pumps.
My corals and anemones seem to still be happy. I may add a 3rd 72" strip to cover the full top of the tank.
The lighting is preaty cool it will follow the weather and have clouds move over the tank, lighting, and different weather conditions.
The auto timers for sunrise and sunset make the amount of light Easyer to control.

The tank in 220 gal