Looking for and ID on what i thought was algae but has weird behavior

sparrowdetour

I have reached out the reef-cleaners and he didnt know what it was. Asked around locally, no one knows. Notice the little white spots/nucleus within the red spaces. I have never seen something like this.
What ever it is is tough as hell. Thought it was a standard red algae but noticed the fish/urchin/clean up crew didnt really seem to be impacting it.

*Has been RX dipped, no change.
*Appears a bit like a polyp or feather duster, very complex
*Slow growing *Retracts when highly agitated. When you take it out of the water it doesnt change. But if a snail goes over it, it can retract into being unseen. Also retracted during a hydrogen peroxide dip.
*Has been been through a hydrogen peroxide dip.

Attachments

sparrowdetour

The source of this pesky pest got back to me with an ID. They knew exactly what i was talking about and said they were mini clove polyps. I wish they hadnt sent out stuff they clearly knew had an difficult to kill like this. But happy to know what it is so i can nuke it.

sparrowdetour

Why would you want to nuke it? It's a coral. Not like it's aiptasia.
So far what it seems to do is get on everything else and choke it out. That isnt kosher for my frag tank as i grow and sell stuff from that system. It is not a coral I want. Really i cannot fathom this is something anyone wants.

silverado61

If it's on it's own frag, keep it away from the other frags. Then sell it. It looks like you got it sandwiched between two other frags. Of course it's going to choke them out. It's hearty and grows fast. But it does sting, which is why the polyp on the other frag is closed. Just move it.
Just a thought.