Looking for fish opinions

iidylii

Hi everyone long time no see...my dad has a 125 gallon tank and is looking for one last large fish to put in...he does have crabs and snails and his other fish are pretty docile...blennies sifters clowns fox face dart fish file fish chromis etc...

So anyways would like some 6”-12” ideas I suppose...I don’t really know if we wanna go near a blue tang...just to many bad ones out there that I see...but anyways please gimme a nice hearty list of you can...I want all you got lol thanks guys good to see you again

lmforbis

Fish only right? I love the genacanthus angels. Not as big as some of the other angels and less aggressive. The Watanabe is my favorite but pricy, a pair sure would be pretty. I also love the Lamarks it is not real flashy color wise but the black and white is very striking under lights. He could look into some of the other tangs. The yellow is quite hardy so is the kole. Maybe a hardy butterfly (this will be my next purchase). I just got an orange blotch rabbit fish today.

iidylii

Forgot to mention he does have a lemon peel dwarf and pearlscale butterflybso those might not go well lol.

iidylii

Lol $200 for a purple tang!?!? I wasn’t aware they cost so much lol i like both suggestions tho

jay0705

$200 is higher end. In my area there 120-160 usually. Even on your preferred DD they can show up cheaper

lmforbis

Hell DD has about the ugliest bicolor angle I’ve ever seen on sale for a mere $999.00. Makes a $200 purple tang seem cheap.

lmforbis

Both are great. Black cap basslets are prettier but harder to keep and like you said more expensive. They are a deeper water fish.
I have an orchid dottie back. It is beautiful and easy. I like that it is captive bred. Both are small though.

iidylii

yeah saltwater .com didn’t like those links...but yeah both are small I was just wondering about the temperament thanks!

iidylii

By the way forbis I know you have had problems with grammas in your past...I’ve had mine for 3 years now I think!...she’s a big fatty lol

lmforbis

I love grammas but yeah have never been able to keep one very long. I had a fire fish with my orchid dottyback with no issues. I’m not sure how it would do with a gramma, they have the same body type. If we are talking about your cube I’d say no, not enough territory, in your dad’s 125 it might work. Dottie’s swim around more than grammas which is nice. They don’t seem to have a specific cave they live in. Mine is all over the tank in and out of the rocks.

iidylii

Yeah I was considering one in my cube but I’m gonna pass...I’m at like 16 fish and it seems like when I get one another one dies so I think 16 is my magic number lol

Lakelover

Fish only right? I love the genacanthus angels. Not as big as some of the other angels and less aggressive. The Watanabe is my favorite but pricy, a pair sure would be pretty. I also love the Lamarks it is not real flashy color wise but the black and white is very striking under lights. He could look into some of the other tangs. The yellow is quite hardy so is the kole. Maybe a hardy butterfly (this will be my next purchase). I just got an orange blotch rabbit fish today.
I have a reef angel that is quite docile, just a super voracious eater.