Lynn's 125

lmforbis

Bang made me think I should upload a few pics of my tank. Just cleaned the glass so it seemed like a good time to take some current pics.
IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0310.JPG
This one is a panoramic so the edges are a bit odd.
IMG_3240.JPG
IMG_3210.JPG

jay0705

Very nice. I have to move some rock off the glass. Makes cleaning it impossible. I like how yours is all in the middle

iidylii

Hi Lynn and now we know your name lol...tank looks awesome I can't wait to move onto my semi aggressive fish...they all seem to be the swimmers and much more pretty types...

Oh and in your last pic...your yellow tang has a pretty awesome blue face on it! ;) Lol

jay0705

I just had to look at the pick. I thought you started your 4th celebrations a bit early lol. A blue faced yellow tang lol

lmforbis

She's a yellow belly blue tang but she hasn't got a yellow belly yet she uses the yellow (aka Big Bird) in pics.

jay0705

She's a yellow belly blue tang but she hasn't got a yellow belly yet she uses the yellow (aka Big Bird) in pics.
I would watch posting pics of her. That could be used as evidence later on, since its a "HOT" fish lol

lmforbis

So last night I fed my anemone as I usually do on Saturdays. It had moved a little bit, and looked like it was relocating. Just now I took a look at the tank to see how everybody was an I saw my nem a couple inches further over from its previous location then I notices there was still a nem in the previous location. She split! Not sure which one was the original and which is the new on, they are about the same size. Can't post a pic from my iPad plus they aren't in an easy spot to photograph.

2quills

Congrats on the split your tank looks nice.

In your 3rd image from the top what is the blue elongated looking fish on the left, above the yellow tang but below the hippo tang? Is that a remora or is it camera trickery?

lmforbis

Thanks.
That fish is a blue grudgeon. I had 3, they didn't do very well. I'm not sure why but after a couple months, they just started disappearing. They were shy and spent a lot of their time hiding only coming out to eat.

lmforbis

I use Kessil LEDs. They are pretty pricy for fish only. Any LED will give you the shimmer. I like Kessils because you never see the individual colors. You could do their less intense fixture but you'd be in for $400 to get two. Might be more than you want to spend. I did start with 2 of the smaller fixtures and added two larger fixtures later. I did take this tank down a few weeks ago and moved everything to a new 120.