lyrtail anthias

Lakelover

Had one male, three female. One has disappeared. All seemed fine. Do have a bully clown in there. I’d like to have more females. If I add just one might it get more picked on than maybe three new additions. I’m trying to catch my clown and put him in with the big boys, 120 gal. Advice?

Lakelover

They are in a 45 with other mellow fish, accept for large clown. His anenome isn’t doing well, strange, so he’s being a nuance and taking it out on the others,(at least it seems that way. I think he may have over stressed a female lyrtail?

lmforbis

Anthias need a large tank, 125 or bigger. They are swimmers and they are jumpers. They will get seriously stressed if they are in too small of a space. Aggression is also more likely in a small tank. This can lead to disease or the fish jumping out of the tank. Either way I’d move the anthias not the clown.

How much light do you have for the nem

Lakelover

They seemed perfectly happy so far. Not too many fish in there. I thought they’d be alright until we set up the 70. Would that be a better size?

lmforbis

Nope they need a lot of space to swim. The 6 foot length is the important part. They also need to be fed several times a day.