Mini cycle help

iride350z

After I added some more LR and cuc my ammonia, went up a little and my ph was down @ 7.8. Its been a week or two and all my numbers are back to normal except for calcium which is at 300 and phosphate @ .35.
My take is a 29gal w/ a reef octopus bh-100f which holds around 2gal. Is it ok to start doing water changes again, if so how much water should I change?
After some water changes shouldnt my calcium start rising and phos start lowering?

lil.guppy

water changes should lower your calcium and phrosphates unless the phrosphates are in your water.
What kind of water are you using?
For that size tank do 2-4 gallon water changes daily or everyother day if you have to.

1journeyman

A little bit of Ammonia is quite toxic.
I think there are separate issues going on. Adding live rock and a cc should not have affected your calcium levels.
I would do small water changes frequently to bring parameters back into normal range.

iride350z

Im using RODI water and redsea pro salt. All numbers were good (but my calcium has always been 300-350)
Then i added the cuc and LR, and the numbers went a little wack and are all back to good now except the phos and calcium.
How should i got about raising calcium and lowering phos? my tank is only 2 months and i dont think i should be adding supplements yet

iride350z

*My calcium levels were not affected, they just have always been around 300-350
I guess im just asking if i can start water changes and how much i should do/how often
and how i should get my calcium up and phosphate down

iride350z

any ideas?
I have 3.5gallons of RODI ready to be mixed, should i mix the salt tonight and get it ready to put in tomorrow night?

sickboy

I would do 10% a week, but you could do one big change to start. One big water change will drastically lower phosphates and raise calcium. The Red Sea Coral Pro salt should have Calc of about 480-480 when mixed at 1.025, what spec grav is your water.