Missing Fish-Could be wild fish eating rats?

lmforbis

As long as you don't add a ton of fish you should be fine. You can get dry rock. For between 3 and 4 dollars a pound. It is dry so a pound of dry rock is a lot more rock than a pound of live rock. It will become live after a few weeks.

Weatherboy

Okay, solid 90 gal tank. Needs a good clean and a top down the road so you don't see light and filters tubes. Has glass tops.

Does come with a canister filter that seems in great shape. I believe it's this one. Super quiet.
Cf500Uv 5-Stage Canister Filter With Uv 9W - 525 Gph

Has a powerhead, Heater and live plants/mollys.

Back is painted blue, so will need to change that, not fun.
Figure I can trade in plants and fish.

All for $250. Solid and not a ***** tank.

Sounds decent deal to me.

lmforbis

I'd agree. Just be sure to clean everything really well. Canisters work as long as you clean them regularly.
You could probably work with a blue background. I have considered going that route before. Otherwise a razor blade should take it off especially if you soften it first with water.

jay0705

If you want the mollys will live in sw. Just acclimate slowly. I tried them in my tank. They handled sw fine. My royal gramma not so much. It did not like them

Weatherboy

Thanks. Yeah, I will see if I can trade mollys and live plants and put towards some rock/fish from LFS. Nice guy there.
Oh yeah, black background looks a lot better. Razor blade for me. Fun.

Now to transfer water over, and move tanks. Fun.

So, question. I don't have another tank, and don't want to waste the water I have ready. Can I dump the water in a 55 gal trash can? If so, I will do this, and set up the 90 with new salt water.

HOWEVER, in doing this, how soon can add the original water from the 55? I still have prime and bacteria liquid left over. I have 5 hermits, and two more gold belly damsel fish. I am hoping I can lower the filter intake/output to help cycle water for a day or so before adding the original water?

Or do you have other suggestions. Can't move 55gal till water is out. Dude is heavy!

Thanks

Weatherboy

Dumb question. While I know it's too short in depth, it's open in the back...wondering if my 55gal wooden hood would fit a 90 gallon. May look funny on sides, but for the most part it's covered. And I paint it black.

Or sell my 55 complete and try to get more $$.

Wooden hoods are like $250+??!

lmforbis

Since you are painting the hood, I'd recomend just building one out f paint grade wood to fit the 90. Easy to do and not expensive. Then sell the 55 with hood and stand.

Weatherboy

Can I use this massive canister filter. FOWLR.
I know it may mess with PH, but I can buy chemicals for that?

I need the tank to be closer to wall vs hangover filter.

Weatherboy

I'd agree. Just be sure to clean everything really well. Canisters work as long as you clean them regularly.
You could probably work with a blue background. I have considered going that route before. Otherwise a razor blade should take it off especially if you soften it first with water.
What is regularly?

lmforbis

When I used a canister I cleaned it weekly.
I wouldn't worry about pH. You don't want to be chasing it with chemicals.

Weatherboy

Well guys. I was dupped.
He sold me a 75 gallon. I only measured the depth and took he word for it.

So, I wasted $250 on a 20 gal upgrade. Not sure how much a difference that is in what you can do vs a 55 or 90.

Naturally the guy who sold it to me won't respond.

Goodness.