Most suitable saltwater sharks?

Toni™

I've been interested in active saltwater sharks like the blacktip reef shark for example and was wondering which is most suitable for a tank/pool, right now price isn't a problem but I don't have space for a tank/pool that's several 1000 gallons but later down the line I will. Right now i'm just curious which of these three sharks are most suitable, a blacktip reef shark, leopard shark and bonnethead shark, I'm wondering which requires the smallest tank/pool, which is the "easiest" to care for and which one overall does best in captivity. I'm asking these because I've seen a lot discreprencies with information on these sharks, thanks for feedback.

gafoley

I've been interested in active saltwater sharks like the blacktip reef shark for example and was wondering which is most suitable for a tank/pool, right now price isn't a problem but I don't have space for a tank/pool that's several 1000 gallons but later down the line I will. Right now i'm just curious which of these three sharks are most suitable, a blacktip reef shark, leopard shark and bonnethead shark, I'm wondering which requires the smallest tank/pool, which is the "easiest" to care for and which one overall does best in captivity. I'm asking these because I've seen a lot discreprencies with information on these sharks, thanks for feedback.
Much will depend on the ultimate size and configuration of your tank/pond. Blacktip reefs grow to about 6 feet, so that may be unrealistic. Bonnetheads only reach about 4 feet. Leopards (assuming you're talking about Triakis semifasciata) grows to 7 feet. Feel free to contact me if you need more help/info.

byrandavisfl

What would be the best size to get these sharks at and what tank would be best to start with? Also, as they grow what size tank would they end up needing? I'm very interested in learning about and possibly owning one of these kind of sharks one day.

jay0705

Your talking a huge tank 1000+ gallons. Generally they are made circular for easy of swimming