MP40/10 placement help

meowzer

OK...I have a problem in the 180.....I have 3 MP40's and I just added an MP10
I seem to have spots that are not getting good flow...I have moved the PH's around, and I still seem to be missing something
this is where they are right now....all units are close to midway on each wall

I am sorry, I do not know how to draw in these programs,......LOL....
Originally I had the 2 side MP40's across from each other, but did not seem to get any flow in the back of the tank. I am also considering putting the MP10 back on the 54G and using the WP40 on the 180.....BUT IDK where I would put it.....and in all reality.....3 MP40's and an MP10...should be plenty

The rock is also set more to center of the tank.....in other words it is NOT leaning on the back wall of the tank
here are some "real" pics

deejeff442

plus the sump pump to .yea that should be plenty.are the computer mixing up the flow? meaning are they going against each other. maybe try another setting on them.heck i had 2 mp40's on my 250 with 2 #4 korilias and had no dead spots.

meowzer

I also have a FLuval FX5
AND YES.....the MP's are running against eachother.....and I run them on random mode.....there seems to be plenty of flow in the tank.....just stuff accumulates in certain spots
Could it be possible I am still going thru a semi new tank syndrome....with this icky brown on the rocks and sand :(

gemmy

I think you experiencing a mini cycle. I would also to get a piece of string and dangle in different areas of the tank to gauge the flow.

E

eric b 125

It's not always just a matter of flow- how's your CUC? Could it be your parameters?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B 125 http:///t/395974/mp40-10-placement-help#post_3527067
It's not always just a matter of flow- how's your CUC? Could it be your parameters?
I lost a lot during the tank issue.....I recently ordered some more....will probably get them Tuesday....I do think that is also part of it
My parameters always check out good.....

tthemadd1

Serpent stars. They are crazy good at cleaning everything. Fish waste, extra food, etc. no eyes, ears, but can sense fish waste as it is falling to the sand bed. Crazy good at it.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthemadd1 http:///t/395974/mp40-10-placement-help#post_3527078
Serpent stars. They are crazy good at cleaning everything. Fish waste, extra food, etc. no eyes, ears, but can sense fish waste as it is falling to the sand bed. Crazy good at it.
LOL...I have a serpent and 2 bristles....I need some more snails for upper tank cleaning