Multiple Dargon Morays?

95harley

Anyone ever kept more than 1 in a tank?
How big of a tank is needed for 2, 3, +?
Can it be done?

myerst22

Yes it can be done. Ian (bluedevils) on -- has 7 Dragons and many of them together. You should contact him. He is selling a few of them I believe. T

alix2.0

the cleveland zoo has an awesome tank with 2 or 3 of them. its awesome. only looks to be about 200-300 gallons too, but they have incredible sumps.

kjr_trig

Maui Aquarium has a sweet Eel tank with a couple of Hawaiian Dragons, Viper Moray (very nasty Eel), Yellowmargin, and several others....I would guess that tank is under 1000 gallons

95harley

Starting to wonder if it is worth it or I'd better served with:
DME
Large Angel: Queen/Emp
Large Tang: Sohal/Naso
Large Shoal of Blue Reef Chromis and various Damsels
Wonder what size tank this needs...180g?

small triggers

you could do that in a 150 to 200g easy,,, with the 2 large fish and the school, it would be a good show.... and of course the DME for the topper (just have to hope its a very outgoing one )

cal559

Originally Posted by 95Harley
http:///forum/post/2906341
Starting to wonder if it is worth it or I'd better served with:
DME
Large Angel: Queen/Emp
Large Tang: Sohal/Naso
Large Shoal of Blue Reef Chromis and various Damsels
Wonder what size tank this needs...180g?
I like this idea the best...it brings more movement to your tank

95harley

I almost considered a tessy tank, but I can't justify that big of a tank for a single eel.
I'm bouncing this idea around again....
Either my existing 240g or downsizing to a 180g.
I'm thinking:
1. Shoal of Blue Reef and regular Chromis
2. Variety of Damsels
3. Maybe even a few clowns in the mix
4. DME
5. ?
6. Large Queen Angel
The ? would either be a second DME or a Brazilian DME (Whitespot Moray).
Wonder if the 2 eels would get along?

ponyta810

wow i read the title of this thread and got butterflies in my stomach...if you do this it would be such a cool tank imo...or if u do the multiple dragon eels

fishlawyer

http:///forum/post/2977674
I almost considered a tessy tank, but I can't justify that big of a tank for a single eel.
I'm bouncing this idea around again....
Either my existing 240g or downsizing to a 180g.
I'm thinking:
1. Shoal of Blue Reef and regular Chromis
2. Variety of Damsels
3. Maybe even a few clowns in the mix
4. DME
5. ?
6. Large Queen Angel
The ? would either be a second DME or a Brazilian DME (Whitespot Moray).
Wonder if the 2 eels would get along?

I am Green with Envy!

cal559

Get a mated pair of Hawaiian Dragon Morays...I know somebody who has some...I will pm you a link...

aw2x3

I'd like to know who has the mated pair, as well...since Dragons have never mated in captivity...and by never, I mean NEVER.
I'd like to be the lucky SOB that gets the first pair to mate, tho.

95harley

Originally Posted by AW2x3
http:///forum/post/2984323
I'd like to know who has the mated pair, as well...since Dragons have never mated in captivity...and by never, I mean NEVER.
I'd like to be the lucky SOB that gets the first pair to mate, tho.
Andy, Did your Dragon ever have any "issues" with the White mouth?
Would you try several Dragon's together and how big of a tank would you use?
My 75g is working good, but not ideal, I'd like to give him more room to roam.

aw2x3

http:///forum/post/2985111
Andy, Did your Dragon ever have any "issues" with the White mouth?
Would you try several Dragon's together and how big of a tank would you use?
My 75g is working good, but not ideal, I'd like to give him more room to roam.
My Dragon and Whitemouth were together for more than 4 years and there was never once a problem. I will say this...my Whitemouth was established in the tank, when I added my Dragon.
The Dragon checked the tank out, realized the Whitemouth was there and I thought it was gonna be WW3. The Whitemouth postured, threatened and gave the Dragon the stick eye for a good 30 min. Once he figured out the Dragon wasn't gonna back down, he gave in and was the submissive one.
After that, they were inseperable (until I sold the Whitemouth)...and I'm sure you guys have seen many of the pics I posted where if the two Morays were any closer, they'd have been inside each other.

bberr76

95Harley I hope this makes its way to you.
I currently have a small 18" Hawaiian Dragon moray alone in a 6ft 125 g. Second 14-18" dragon on its way. I am well versed I. The adult size ( watched your 75 video 10000 times). My question to everyone is how long do you think this set up will work?
I've had the dragon for 9 months and it's still pretty small reclusive. I had a Whitemouth with it but sold it along with a clown trigger and dogface puffer.

bberr76

IMG_7958.JPG
Upgraded to a 180 and added another DME. Both get along fine and tank seems to have plenty of room. Thinking about adding a yellow tang or another smaller tang for some added color. Any ideas or experience with tangs tough enough to hang with eels?