Multiple fire fish

jay0705

Anybody have luck keeping groups of these in bigger tanks? I always see them in groups at lfs, but even the one owner told me over time they will pick eachother off

Shilpan

one of our Local fish stores has a group. However they say they've only had luck with large packs of 6-7+, they said when they added 3-4 they Fighted so they separated them.

Just one anecdote I don't know much about it myself.

lmforbis

Never tried it. My one fire fish has been known to try to pick on my flasher wrasse. He also took a bite out of the side of my watchman goby a couple years ago.

2quills

If they're anything like chromis I wouldn't waste my time trying.

I've kept them individually and have one now that never bothers anyone

lmforbis

my wrasse is spending a lot of time flashing. This is when the firefish gets mad. The wrasse seems to think the firefish is a female wrasse and the firefish seems to be insulted by the advances.

lmforbis

She's a bit of a loner. Almost the biggest fish I have now. Only my Yellow tang is bigger. She passed my flame angel in size a couple months ago. Considering she was about half an inch a year ago she's doing well. I havent added any fish since April so who knows what would happen if I added anything new.

jay0705

Intresting. I got one yest. In the tank she was following the female platinum clown. I have a resident black clown in my qt. Put it in yest. Same thing yest and today follows the clown all over lol. The guy said there captive raised, maybe thats the diff