My 29 Gallon

laxzach

Here is my 29 gallon tank and my maroon clown. It has been up for about a month and I will be adding my corals hopefully tomorrow (depends on when my new light gets in). Once I get the corals in I will post some more pictures. Tell me what ya think.

garfunkle

Nice job so far. I would however be a little cautious on adding coral after only a month of cycling. Try to stay basic and get some polyps or Colt coral like I have. Here are some pictures of my 2 yr old 29 gallon.

laxzach

I will be adding a hammer, frogspawn, and some zoos when I get my light. I use to have a 70 gallon and then I downsized. All the corals were in the 70 and now they are in my friends tank until I get my lights. Nice tank Garfunkle

laxzach

Next time I will try flash. But every time I use flash I get a huge spot of light in the middle of my picture. Any ideas on how to avoid that? :notsure:

garfunkle

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
garfunkle i think u have a little bit of algae

ugh, ever since the Hippo died, I have relied on my ONE turbo to do all the dirty work. My tank just came out of hibernation last month. Every year, I let my tank go wild for a three month span to boost protein and oxygen levels in hope of encouraging new growth. This year, I have some new tube worms. You should have seen the tank a month ago...it was GREEN!!! :hilarious
Here are the Tube worms...look under the Pseudo, kind of in the dark area under my rock. These things are everywhere that the light does not directly hit.

garfunkle

Originally Posted by Laxzach
I will be adding a hammer, frogspawn, and some zoos when I get my light. I use to have a 70 gallon and then I downsized. All the corals were in the 70 and now they are in my friends tank until I get my lights. Nice tank Garfunkle
Thanks, Yours will also be very nice after the coral is introduced. Good luck and keep posting pics. BTW, why did you downsize?

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by Garfunkle
ugh, ever since the Hippo died, I have relied on my ONE turbo to do all the dirty work. My tank just came out of hibernation last month. Every year, I let my tank go wild for a three month span to boost protein and oxygen levels in hope of encouraging new growth. This year, I have some new tube worms. You should have seen the tank a month ago...it was GREEN!!! :hilarious
Here are the Tube worms...look under the Pseudo, kind of in the dark area under my rock. These things are everywhere that the light does not directly hit.
hippo tang? have u considered a lmb?

garfunkle

Originally Posted by joojoo
Lawn Mower Blenny
yep, but I would rather invest in a cleaner pack. I have heard mixed reviews on those. We'll see. As of now, the snails are feasting. No harm done...yet

laxzach

BTW, why did you downsize?
I downsized cause a 70 gallon cost to much money. I had the exact same amount of rock in my 70 as I do in the picture and it wasnt even a forth full. It looked light crap. Now I have a full looking 29 gallon and I even had rock left over to put in my sump (cant be seen in the picture).

garfunkle

Originally Posted by Laxzach
I downsized cause a 70 gallon cost to much money. I had the exact same amount of rock in my 70 as I do in the picture and it wasnt even a forth full. It looked light crap. Now I have a full looking 29 gallon and I even had rock left over to put in my sump (cant be seen in the picture).
makes sense. That 29 will look really nice in a month or so when it is all settled.

laxzach

just takes more practice .
I will. Hopefully by the time I get my corals my pictures will be grade A!! :cheer: