My corals are mad now :(

adee

They have always looked awesome, as a matter of fact i posted recently that even up to water change day they look amazing, everything nice and open, exc... WELL i asked my LFS what i can do to help make them grow, multiply, exc in addition to good lights, ideal water, exc and he suggested this: http://www.petcarerx.com/catalog/productdetails.aspx?pid=22294&k=kent-reef-starter-kit-3pcs&id=1777 i of course went home excited that it would make a huge difference, used it as directed and most of my zoos and mushrooms are MAD now, none of them are coming out and of course im sad :( was it the treatment? is this infact NOT a good thing to use?

snakeblitz33

Did you test your water before adding the chemicals?
Never dose before you test.
That kit also doesnt come with alkalinity, which is equally important as calcium. Chemicals wont make your corals grow - a balanced tank, zooplankton, and appropriate lighting are what makes corals grow.

adee

:( the corals WERE happy before, i know better than to try to fix something that isnt broken.. I was told the boost would help which is why i fell for it, outside regular testing we didnt do, no.

snakeblitz33

Never dose unless you test first.
Start mixing water for a water change if you arent already. Boosting a lot more than natural sea water wont help much. Just give your corals stability through a mature tank and plenty of light. Feeding some type of food helps- but not in excess.

I

intdes

I have learned not to trust my LFS... Some are good, but some want to sell product to make $$. Did the water change help?

adee

they all look much better after two big water changes <3
wont be using that product again ((insert eye roll))

mr. limpid

You can use those products if you test for them first like Snakes said. Since you have corals you need to test daily PH, weekly calcium and KH. If you have SPS you should test for all.