my FIRST REEF TANK

beredovon

Hi guys, 2 weeks ago I started my reef aqurium biocube 32g led. I bought everything I need to start.

LIST; BIOCUBE 32G LED WITH STAND
RODI TWIST IN SYSTEM
API TESTKIT FOR AMONIA NINTRATE,PH NITRITE,
API TESTKIT CALCIUM,PHOSPATE, CARBON HARDNESS ETC
GRAVEL CLEANING
INSTANT SALT 160G
COROLIFE PROTEINSKIMMER
2 KOROLIA HYDOR WAVER WITH CONTROLLER 525GPH
COROLIFE SALINITY HYROMETER
COROLIFE UV STERILIZER
SEACHEM PURIGEN
SEACHEM PHOSGUARD
10oz chemipure blue
15oz inland actiavted carbon
8OZ ACTIAVATED CARBON KENT
filter micron padd
2 COROLIFE FILTER CATRIDGE
ALGAE GLASS CLEANER
21LBS OF DRY LIVE ROCK
4LBS OF LIVE ROCK BOUGHT IN LFS
20LBS OF AROGONITE SAND
300 WATT TITANINUM HEATER WITH CONTROLLER
CLEANING materials
macronbacter 8oz

I am now in my 2nd week OF cycle.
How I can reduce my nitrite because I have same result form fist week for about 2ppm nitrite. I had water change for 5g yesterday .?

Attachments

jay0705

Welcome to sw. Time will reduce it, nothing happens fast in sw. Its a slow process generally. Shouldn't be much longer tho.
A 300w heater tho is a bit much for that size tank, i only say that bc if it ever malfunctions and stays on it will cook your tank.

beredovon

Welcome to sw. Time will reduce it, nothing happens fast in sw. Its a slow process generally. Shouldn't be much longer tho.
A 300w heater tho is a bit much for that size tank, i only say that bc if it ever malfunctions and stays on it will cook your tank.
thank you for your reply. I think I will just wait and let the nature do the job. I am really excited and next week ill check the nitrite again my amonia now is down to 0 to 0.25 my nitrate is 20.ppm. ph is 8.2ppm. I bought the heavy duty one for my heater like it cost me 100$ for my heater I believe with the quality tahn buying cheaper one.

beredovon

In this time I have a piece live rock with a green mushroom corals, 10 to 15 small feather duster, ,snails,1 small buble white anemone, some brittle worms , and every day I found new living things in the rock, like comophods,I remove some bad hitchikers like starfish,mantishrimp,some sea cocumbers. Can I put now a cleaner crew or a pepermint shrimp? I just want my aquarium low maintenance e ,

silverado61

In this time I have a piece live rock with a green mushroom corals, 10 to 15 small feather duster, ,snails,1 small buble white anemone, some brittle worms , and every day I found new living things in the rock, like comophods,I remove some bad hitchikers like starfish,mantishrimp,some sea cocumbers. Can I put now a cleaner crew or a pepermint shrimp? I just want my aquarium low maintenance e ,
You put all this in and your only two weeks into the cycle?

lmforbis

For starters get a much smaller heater. Maybe 100 W. If it gets stuck on it will cook the tank very fast.
I’m guessing the life you are talking about came in on the live rock. If so the anemone is probably a pest and you want to get rid of it. If it is an anemone you bought, return it. You don’t have enough light and the tank is too new. Nitrates will fall. It just takes time.

beredovon

For starters get a much smaller heater. Maybe 100 W. If it gets stuck on it will cook the tank very fast.
I’m guessing the life you are talking about came in on the live rock. If so the anemone is probably a pest and you want to get rid of it. If it is an anemone you bought, return it. You don’t have enough light and the tank is too new. Nitrates will fall. It just takes time.
yeah it’s from 1 piece live rock every time I found something new in that rock I am researching and studying it . If it’s bad hithiker I removing it in the rock . Saltwater tank is a everyday learning experience for me . My mushroom coral it’s getting bigger and wide and I think they like my aquarium that’s why I tested the water still not good to put fish or anything else because of my nitrite reading 2ppm.

beredovon

yeah it’s from 1 piece live rock every time I found something new in that rock I am researching and studying it . If it’s bad hithiker I removing it in the rock . Saltwater tank is a everyday learning experience for me . My mushroom coral it’s getting bigger and wide and I think they like my aquarium that’s why I tested the water still not good to put fish or anything else because of my nitrite reading 2ppm.
i will buy a small heater thank you

Jesterrace

Hi guys, 2 weeks ago I started my reef aqurium biocube 32g led. I bought everything I need to start.

LIST; BIOCUBE 32G LED WITH STAND
RODI TWIST IN SYSTEM
API TESTKIT FOR AMONIA NINTRATE,PH NITRITE,
API TESTKIT CALCIUM,PHOSPATE, CARBON HARDNESS ETC
GRAVEL CLEANING
INSTANT SALT 160G
COROLIFE PROTEINSKIMMER
2 KOROLIA HYDOR WAVER WITH CONTROLLER 525GPH
COROLIFE SALINITY HYROMETER
COROLIFE UV STERILIZER
SEACHEM PURIGEN
SEACHEM PHOSGUARD
10oz chemipure blue
15oz inland actiavted carbon
8OZ ACTIAVATED CARBON KENT
filter micron padd
2 COROLIFE FILTER CATRIDGE
ALGAE GLASS CLEANER
21LBS OF DRY LIVE ROCK
4LBS OF LIVE ROCK BOUGHT IN LFS
20LBS OF AROGONITE SAND
300 WATT TITANINUM HEATER WITH CONTROLLER
CLEANING materials
macronbacter 8oz

I am now in my 2nd week OF cycle.
How I can reduce my nitrite because I have same result form fist week for about 2ppm nitrite. I had water change for 5g yesterday .?
Hate to say it but you are being impatient. DO NOT CHANGE THE WATER AT THIS POINT!!!!!!!!!!!! The cycle generally takes 30-60 days unless you purchased all cured rock. Also I would ditch the API test kit and go Red Sea Marine Test Kit as API are notoriously inaccurate for nitrate tests.

beredovon

Hate to say it but you are being impatient. DO NOT CHANGE THE WATER AT THIS POINT!!!!!!!!!!!! The cycle generally takes 30-60 days unless you purchased all cured rock. Also I would ditch the API test kit and go Red Sea Marine Test Kit as API are notoriously inaccurate for nitrate tests.
I am really confuse online, so some people says water change 5 to 10 percent then I read someting no water change like what you said.. I am learning new in hobby.

jay0705

Agreed w above. The only time you do changes during the cycle is if you jumped the gun and added fish too soon. This creates a soft cycle but takes forever and requires changes from daily to every other day.

Jesterrace

As mentioned above don't change the water during the cycle. After it has completed the initial cycle (usually as evidence by a diatom bloom that comes and goes) then you should be ready to slowly start adding things and doing water changes as recommended. That was a newbie mistake I made and it restarted the cycle.