My in wall..

stacyt

I always like seeing pics of your tank. Couple of questions. Is that a black frame that you have on the wall side? Also did you set the tank flush with the wall? I was thinking on my tank to put the glass flush with the wall and then framing it.

splash1914

Thank you! I saw what your doing with your tank and it looks great. It really adds to a house. The black trim is on the wall side. I tried using an antique silver wash on the trim but it didnt turn out right so I fleck painted over it and I am really happy with it. I couldnt completly flush mount the tank because of the overflow area. I didnt want people to see it on the living room side. So it sits the width of the drywall in the wall. Anymore question let me know!! Good luck with yours!

noon

Your tank is just amazing. I told my wife, one day i want an in wall tank, she laughed, since im new in saltwater. Well, i showed her the pics of your tank and shes already wanting to know when we plan on doing it!

splash1914

If your handy its not too bad. first cut out the drywall on one side to see whats inside (electrical lines, telephone lines, etc..then move any of lines in the way) then cut out the 2x4s and the otherside of the drywall.... frame the hole...then build out the stand.... thats it in a nutshell... check out the construction photos on my website....

makai

it lo)oked like there was something funny growing back there.....
(
:>)_)
I guess not though...:)

S

simm

Im thinking of turning my tank now into shark or ray tank built into the wall and 55 a reef.