my orange sun coral or your sun corals

m.rogers

like to see ever ones sun corals here is mine. I have had it 2 days and it is got me hooked i have been told that there is more colors so i would like to see some other colors to.
mike

Where did you go to get them ? I am in Northern VA. Interested in frag trading ? I have Xenia, purple gogonian, and frilly purple gorgonian.

m.rogers

i got them from a guy that was selling off his tank you mite wont to look in to http://www.wamas.org it is a club in DC that trades frags i am a member of cmas the is i baltimore and we trade frags
mike

nerdy

I love this coral! It is so beautiful. My regret is that I didn't create a rock formation that could support it! ( I hear you have to have it shaded from light during the day)

chris l

Nerdy.......not true. You don't have to shade it from the light. Mine is half way up in my tank and I run a total of 425 watts of halide.

These do not need any light but are fine when in the light.
They have no zooxalanthae which is why target feeding is necessary. I remove mine into a bowl a couple times a week then put food into bowl ...let it eat for about 20 min then return coral to tank along with water/food from bowl. It is open alot more often since I started this.
Not open in pic...best I could find right now

chris l

DvSkin.......here is a picture of one but this one is not mine. I don't have a digital camera so this is the best I could do. I am bringing mine back from almost dead. Coming along very slowly but it is coming back.

chris l

Nope....I do the same feeding schedule for both. Every other day with brine. I do shade my black ones more than the yellow but it isn't on purpose. Just turned out that way. Was at a LFS on Sat. that had a real nice colony of black (I would guess 30 heads or so for $40).

dfishh

do u feed them like filter food, micro vert or like DT's? or like brine, plankton etc., thery realy cool
DAVE