NEED HELP- HAMMER CORAL

Allen4k4

Hey all- I need help.. i bought a hammer coral for my 13.5 gal nano tank.. it was vibrant for a few days but then started to receed.. I though the flow was too high on the coral so I moved it.. two days since then there is a film over top (see pictures) is this a disease? Is my coral dead? Can O revive it? Are other corals or fish now at risk? Please help!

Gh- 180
Kh- 80-120
Ph- 7.5
No2- 0
No3- 0
Ca- 500
Salinity- 1.024

lmforbis

I would guess it isn't getting enough light but it could also be a water issue. Personally, I find hammers to be one of the easiest corals but they do need a decent amount of light.

Allen4k4

I would guess it isn't getting enough light but it could also be a water issue. Personally, I find hammers to be one of the easiest corals but they do need a decent amount of light.
Okay- Should I try to revive it? Or do you think it's completely gone? I did a big water change last night- water is in good shape. I'm moving it up higher on the rock..

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Looks gone. What lighting are you using? These corals require high intensity. Water requirements: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025, zero to trace nitrates and obviously no ammonia nor nitrites.

Allen4k4

Looks gone. What lighting are you using? These corals require high intensity. Water requirements: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025, zero to trace nitrates and obviously no ammonia nor nitrites.
Beth It has a FLUVAL super bright 11000 K LED...

silverado61

I read somewhere that no matter how much damage, if there's even a spark of life left, if you cut away all the damaged areas there still might be a chance. Beth, correct me if I'm wrong.