need some advice....please help...

ginarox

i was wondering what do you all think about damsels, and cardinals, and blennies....are they a nice addition to a aquarium, i have a guy that helps me out to buy my fish, but everything that i liked , he tells me no,there to aggresive, or its always something,,and some the fish that i would like to get is the ones i have liste....so please help with any advice.....have a great day.....ginarox

poniegirl

I personally do like damsels and have not had aggressive issues with mine. With damsels, a general rule of thumb may be that the brighter color the more tendancy toward a bold personality.
Green chromis are nice fish.
IDK cardinals and blennies.

imurnamine

I never had trouble with my damsels, BUT most people do, I hear. Once they establish territory in the tank, they are ill towards pretty much everything.
Cardinals are rather shy fishies, I've never seen a bold one.
I have had a Scooter Blenny, they're great fun... Make sure you have some Live Sand!

ginarox

Originally Posted by dc2mlbsm
what sized tank do you have?
i have a 125 gallon aquarium....ginarox

ginarox

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
I never had trouble with my damsels, BUT most people do, I hear. Once they establish territory in the tank, they are ill towards pretty much everything.
Cardinals are rather shy fishies, I've never seen a bold one.
I have had a Scooter Blenny, they're great fun... Make sure you have some Live Sand!
hey there from decatur alabama,, we were on our way to destin florida, and broke down in decatur alabama, we went to the ford dealership and they treated us so nice....decatur is a nice place, we had a very good experience there even though we broke down,,,,, thankyou all for the comments.. i will take them to heart...have a great day.....ginarox

ginarox

Originally Posted by dc2mlbsm
you should get a lawnmower blenny they r very fun to watch
thanks dc2mlbsm, i sure will,,, i just read up on them they do seem fun to watch,thankyou and have a great day....ginarox

gen1dustin

Lawn mower blennies are awesome. I think blennies will get along with a lot of fish. I personally like some damsels a lot, but so many people say they are a beginner's worst mistake.

ginarox

yes i have been hearing that too, i do have 3 chromisis, there green...absolutely beautiful...thankyou all for the input, i sure do appreciate it, i will diffently get me a lawn mower blenny..... have you all ordered yours off of this web site, or did you get them at your local fish aquarium? have a great day....ginarox

B

baymonkey

Originally Posted by ginarox
hey there from decatur alabama,, we were on our way to destin florida, and broke down in decatur alabama, we went to the ford dealership and they treated us so nice....decatur is a nice place, we had a very good experience there even though we broke down,,,,, thankyou all for the comments.. i will take them to heart...have a great day.....ginarox
:cheer: Next time your in Destin pick up a copy of Life's A Beach Magazine!!! It's my favorite... LOL Lot's of great tourist info and coupons.

imurnamine

Originally Posted by ginarox

Oh, cool! That dealership is right across the road from my step-dad's business!
This is a pretty kind town. I'm glad that you had a positive experience around here, nothing usually happens and no one usually knows about Decatur, haha.

texasmetal

Cardinals probably aren't going to pick on anyone. We have a pair in our 30 gallon with Major, the unidentified Seahorse :)
I had some Damsels and they picked on my Twin Spot Goby's until they started hiding all the time and wouldn't eat.. and died. I will never have Damsel's again personally. Unless it's in my 75 gallon agressive tank with my Dwarf Lions and soon to be Angler. That's how I feel about them.
Blenny's are super cool fish. Lots of personallity and their character is usually quite humorous. They don't do well with Seahorses though because Seahorses tend to grow a little algae on them from time to time... and well... the Blenny's pick it off and annoy the horses and make them uncomfortable in the tank... just a little FYI.

porkypuff

I have a Midas Blenny and he very interesting to watch. He hides in his lil hole in the live rock .. and proceeds on cleaning it out lol. Its fun watching him spit sand and debris out of his "home". Also if lil rocks are around, he scoops them up in his mouth and spits them in the corner.