need your help....please...

ginarox

i have 5 anemones and i want to get them out of my tank, and give back to my lfs,,,does any one know how to get them out? i sure would appreciate any advice,,,,thanks so much and have a great day....

bbailey231

Originally Posted by ginarox
i have 5 anemones and i want to get them out of my tank, and give back to my lfs,,,does any one know how to get them out? i sure would appreciate any advice,,,,thanks so much and have a great day....
What do you mean by get them out? Just pick them up. If they are stuck to a rock, my lfs takes the rock out of the water and holds the anemone upside down and they usually detach themselves...someone might have a better suggestion though. Whatever you do, DO NOT pry their feet off the rock...their feet are very sensitive and you don't want to tear them. Make sure they each go into their own plastic bag/container...don't put them in the same bag/container.

ginarox

thanks so much for the info,,i have a 125 gallon tank, my rose anemone has split twice , and my bubble tip has split 3 three times,,,there killing my other corals that i have,,there beautiful but i just cant have them killing off my stuff,,,thanks bbailey,,have a great day.

bbailey231

Originally Posted by ginarox
thanks so much for the info,,i have a 125 gallon tank, my rose anemone has split twice , and my bubble tip has split 3 three times,,,there killing my other corals that i have,,there beautiful but i just cant have them killing off my stuff,,,thanks bbailey,,have a great day.
Good luck...I bet they are beautiful..Got any pics? I have a 125 too but am switching to an aquapod (if it ever arrives)...the 125 is way too much tank for me!

ginarox

my camera is not working to well right now, all the other pictures i used to have i erased them,,,there were so many,,,have a good night...

ginarox

so does any one have any more suggestions, any help would be very appreciated,,thanks so much. have a great day....