Nem split and hiding in heater sump

Tom Biggins

Hi all,
My new nem has split into two and currently resides in the heater sump of my tank.It is looking withdrawn but colourful.
Any ideas,should I just leave them ?
They have been in the tank about a week.
Thanks,
Tom

bang guy

I assume this is an Entacmaea quadricolor. They commonly split with put under extreme stress. Probably some type of survival trait.

What is a heater sump?

Can you post a picture?

Generally, it's best to leave them to crawl to their preferred location but if it's in a dangerous location, such as next to a heater, they should be manually relocated. Keep in mind that relocating them induces stress.

Tom Biggins

I assume this is an Entacmaea quadricolor. They commonly split with put under extreme stress. Probably some type of survival trait.

What is a heater sump?

Can you post a picture?

Generally, it's best to leave them to crawl to their preferred location but if it's in a dangerous location, such as next to a heater, they should be manually relocated. Keep in mind that relocating them induces stress.

Tom Biggins

Trying to upload a picture but struggling with the size.
The nem has split into two and found its way into the sump where my heater sits.My tank is a Kent marine and has four compartments at the back.

bang guy

If it can't get light where it sits then yeah, I think you need to take the risk (high) and move it. They enjoy a dark rock crevice to set down their foot, in a moderate flow area, where they can stretch for the light.

If it (now they I suppose) don't find a good spot in the tank they will continue to wander until they perish.

Feel free to email a picture to me and I'll post it.