New Acan

blazin2k6

Ok so here is a new acan i got. Its green and purple. Hope you all like it. Also does anyone know if this is Acanthastrea Lordhowensis ? The lfs said it was but i dunno. Thanks for the help and hope yall enjoy the pics

myzislow

If the heads are that small(only a little bigger then the zoanthids), then there is a good chance that those are actually micromussa's. Definitely a small lord or micro. Nice whatever they are.

blazin2k6

Thanks for the quick responses Paintballer768 & myzislow.
Those aren't zoanthids though. They are Palys and palys are much larger than zoanthids. I have some micromussa's and they are slightly smaller than these acans i have:) Thanks for the input though. I appreciate it.

myzislow

No worries. There are many forms of various zoanthinds throughout your pictures, though. Along with some of the larger palythoas and protopalythoas. They're all related one way or another of course.

paintballer768

Just curious Blazin. Im getting an acan lord soon and wanted to know, how large would you say the polyps are? Like the size of a quarter?

blazin2k6

yeah about size of a quarter. but when inflated , they are bigger :) hope to see that acan soon. and thanks mr x for the commennt and also paintballer768

blazin2k6

Yah. I hope i can be able to frag this perfect once i decide to frag them :) Its an excellent specimen. I LOVE THE NEW one i just got today though. ITS TOTALLY INSANE.

blazin2k6

Ok so i just got this Red Acan lord yesterday at an lfs :) Its awesome.
This is when i first put it in the tank.

These are last night with the lights out. Had to use flash sorry.

blazin2k6

I feed mine in the daytime and havent ever had a problem :) But yeah i know they eat at night time. Thats why they are opened so much. Thanks for the comments rebelprettyboy.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
http:///forum/post/2716383
I feed mine in the daytime and havent ever had a problem :) But yeah i know they eat at night time. Thats why they are opened so much. Thanks for the comments rebelprettyboy.
Oh yea that too, as soon as mysis hits the tank they begin extending the feeder tentacles. At night might be a good time to spike the tank with a tiny bit of cyclopeeze or something, but they l-o-v-e mysis. Does anyone know of any other foods theyll accept besides brine, mysis, and cyclops??