new fish on the way

iidylii

ordered some new fish tonight...should be here Friday afternoon...

ordered a flame angel from Divers den, a gold stripe maroon clown, and a chalk bass...im really not sure how the chalk bass and royal gramma will do together as far as I know they are both basselets but they really don't look like each other in any way in my opinion...obvious different color and I also think there shape is different...anyways...if they are not getting along I know my dad would love the royal gramma

ill post some pics when they get here...

basically only have some sifters left to get now and im pretty much full lol...I think that is a total of 16 fish when these 3 get added and then I will be adding a couple paired sifters I hope...

florida joe

Just my .02 As soon as you get the fish add a little prime to the bag water. Now you tell me why i say that

jay0705

Lol it was funny yest. I feed my puffer clams. I dropped it in and it must have landed too close to the maroons territory. The puffer would go to eat it and the clown pushed it away. No biting, but just moved it over.

jay0705

Lol agreed. Its why i keep them. Also IMO when getting foxface's you need a fish of similar size. This is my 2nd one and automatically pairs up w my tang. They really do well with same size fish to help acclimate

one-fish

Just my .02 As soon as you get the fish add a little prime to the bag water. Now you tell me why i say that
Remember reading something on this By adding drops of Prime to bag water will help detoxify the Amm. present and something to do with the PH swing when acclimating them can't remember exactly. But this is for fish that have been shipped Right ? and not for fish bought from LPS

iidylii

Remember reading something on this By adding drops of Prime to bag water will help detoxify the Amm. present and something to do with the PH swing when acclimating them can't remember exactly. But this is for fish that have been shipped Right ? and not for fish bought from LPS
I literally have no idea what topic you guys are on lol

iidylii

And I do not have a fish in similar size...at least not until a few years out when some of these grow up lol

florida joe

Ok let me explain, most of not all the fish you get from a LFS are well feed. People buying the fish will ask how it is eating. And in goes food. Now you buy the fish in the bag it goes with a small about of water. And you know what fish do in water. You want to detoxify the water as fast as you can until you introduce it into a tank with nitrification. Fish being shipped to you are in even more danger do to the time frame involved

iidylii

Ok let me explain, most of not all the fish you get from a LFS are well feed. People buying the fish will ask how it is eating. And in goes food. Now you buy the fish in the bag it goes with a small about of water. And you know what fish do in water. You want to detoxify the water as fast as you can until you introduce it into a tank with nitrification. Fish being shipped to you are in even more danger do to the time frame involved
Ok I gotcha joe...thanks I have no way of getting prime at the moment...would "stress coat" help to remove some waste?

iidylii

im going to be using 2, 5 gallon tanks for QT...I Would like to put the maroon clown and the flame angel in one together since the two of them are coming from tanks that were already under QT...the maroon should be about an 1 1/2" at the most and the flame angel will be about 2 1/2"...I hope the 5 gallon isn't to crowded for the 2 of them?

I am then going to be putting the chalk bass into a 5 gallon of his own for QT...I just figure if he does have some disease when I get him tomorrow, why spread it to the other 2 fish that came from a QT before being shipped..besides 3 fish in a 5 gallon is getting a little crowded...what do you guys think? good idea?

lmforbis

I would make sure the source of the fish has no copper in the water they use before adding prime. Otherwise prime is good and I believe stress coat is similar but could be wrong.

iidylii

They still have 5 gals lol. ***** has the $1 gal sale go get a 20L or 29
some of us live in timbuk2 and don't have a ***** within hours of our little huts lol...I think 2, 5 gals will be just fine...

I would make sure the source of the fish has no copper in the water they use before adding prime. Otherwise prime is good and I believe stress coat is similar but could be wrong.
cool stress coat will have to suffice seeing as how I don't have prime and wont be able to get any due to the above comment lol