New Fluval Evo 13.5 Gallon

Discussion in 'Nano Tanks' started by nanoreefer91, Jul 21, 2017.

1. nanoreefer91

nanoreefer91 Member

Hello Everyone!

Man, it feels good to be back and into the hobby again. I have had my fair share of aquariums in the past and decided to go a different shape when it comes to my aquarium. Decided to go with the Fluval Evo. I forgot how to do some things so I thought I ask all you fine people.

I upgraded the back chambers a bit. I ordered the Media Basket that just came out recently to replace the block of foam with some chambers that it comes up. Now, I meant to order it for the 1st chamber (were the protein skimmer goes) but i ordered it for the 2nd chamber. That is fine, it is here and I am going to roll with what I have. My thoughts were to fill the 3 spots with Chemi-pure blue in 1st cut out/ 2nd I would put the Puregen and the last fill in, filter floss or another small sponge to catch fish waste and such.

Is it wise to use Chemi-pure Blue with Purigen together? or Should I use Purigen and just chemi-pure elite?

Now the question I have is, do I have to run Biomax? Tank came with some but wanted to ask and secondly… since the 1st chamber will be empty… can I just put the sponge block it came with just to make sure it is catching fish poop and such. Thoughts please.

I am excited to get this baby fired up.

Thanks for your help,
    Aaron

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017