new green fuzzy mushroom. help is this normal

pinky327

got this lil mushroom at the pet store for trading in some plants, pretty sweet deal i think!! anyways the following pics are from the day i got him the next day and then today. i did drop a small hunk of shrimp on it yesterday and i believe it ate some of it for a little bit today it has spread out to the point i can almost see through it. is this normal?? or bad??? its my first one so im paying very close attention to it!

here it is in the bag

and its first night in the tank.

yesterday after feeding
now this is why im concerned... levels have been check all but nitrates are good... had a snail died behind a rock didnt find it right away so i had a small spike doing water changes every other day so as of yesterdays reading i think its around 10ppm, but i have api kit so not easy to read its hard to tell the 10 from 20 or 40 color..

pinky327

will be doing full test in a lil just have to wait for the kids to leave, then ill be posting them. its a 29 bio cube, 1 damsel 3 hermits lots of snails!

dmanatee

they stretch out typically when they are absorbing light and they tend to seem "strechier" when they are getting ready to split.

pinky327

Thanks for the input!!! i hope thats the casw would love to see it split!

did my levels last night it was what i thought everything is spot on but the nitrates are reading something i think its in the 5 to 10 but may even be 20 its light orange if anyone uses this kit they can tell you they are all light orange unless it mega high or 0 lol.

i hope its just spreading out cause its happy, it did shrink up a little once lights went off last night, but its fully stretched out again today it worries me cause i know nitrates are bad for coral, but its new so i dont know if its happy. the LFS had it under leds up high, i read they like low light so i put it mid level under my pcs... they are new bulbs so im hoping thats the right spot.