New Juv Emperor Angel not eating

wvlegend

I received this fish on Thursday Nov 9. He spent the first couple days grazing algae on the rocks and back glass. He shows no interest in any of the food I offer. I've tried pellets,flake,frozen brine,and the frozen angel fish food. Any suggestions on what I should try next would be appreciated.

wopilot

Try soaking the food in garlic...but if he's grazing, he might be content for now, just keep an eye on him.

triga22

What size tank? If you didnt know garlic isnt the garlic we eat its in a bottle and its fish vitamins.

crox

Originally Posted by TriGa22
What size tank? If you didnt know garlic isnt the garlic we eat its in a bottle and its fish vitamins.

You can also use minced garlic just the same one we eat.

crox

Originally Posted by wvlegend
I received this fish on Thursday Nov 9. He spent the first couple days grazing algae on the rocks and back glass. He shows no interest in any of the food I offer. I've tried pellets,flake,frozen brine,and the frozen angel fish food. Any suggestions on what I should try next would be appreciated.

Where did you buy him from?

triga22

Originally Posted by Crox
You can also use minced garlic just the same one we eat.
WOW !! I never knew that.. So do you only do it when they rnt eating or can you always do it?

crox

Originally Posted by TriGa22
WOW !! I never knew that.. So do you only do it when they rnt eating or can you always do it?

I add it once in a while. It's good for them.

crox

Originally Posted by wvlegend
He's in a 125 gal tank, and I got him from SWF.com. I'll try some garlic and see what happens.

Is he in your DT? I also got mine almost 2 weeks ago and I still have him in my QT.

crox

For the first 3-4 days he didn't touch any food. Now he's eating like a pig but I believe he came down with lymphocystis.