New Sailfin

stdreb27

I bought a new sailfin tank, he is awesome!
He was hiding right now, but doing fine in the qt tank.

ukcats

I have a Sailfin and he/she has probably the best personality of any fish i've ever had! Follows me around like a puppy! Hope you have the same luck!

stdreb27

he is going to go into a 180, with a puffer, and a lunar wrasse, I hope he is big enough where the wrasse leaves him alone. I don't know which one I'd like more. If it came to getting rid of one. He's been at the lfs for 5 months, in a 45 gallon tank, I can't wait till he has the room of the 180.

azfishgal

Nice fish. My QT is empty now that my Anthias are in the DT, so I'm now on the look out for a Sailfin.

jhebi

Originally Posted by stdreb27
he is going to go into a 180, with a puffer, and a lunar wrasse, I hope he is big enough where the wrasse leaves him alone. I don't know which one I'd like more. If it came to getting rid of one. He's been at the lfs for 5 months, in a 45 gallon tank, I can't wait till he has the room of the 180.
Probably the Sailfin won't leave the wrasse alone
hehe...
It's a big tank so they should have plenty space not to pick on one another..Nice inquire....

stdreb27

Originally Posted by jhebi
Probably the Sailfin won't leave the wrasse alone
hehe...
It's a big tank so they should have plenty space not to pick on one another..Nice inquire....

I'm kind of worried, my wrasse after months with a lawnmower thought his eyeball would be a good snack. You can't really see it because of the bad lighting, but he isn't as washed out as it looks, his gray stripes have some of the spots like a red sea one has.

larryndana

your sailfin looks good.
my lfs has two really small sailfins, hard to pass up for sure. they couldn't be more than two inches long. he also has a big guy to, must be 5 or 6 inches long and really fat....a beautiful fish for sure.

psusocr1

your sailfin will hold is own agaisnt a lunar.. my sailfin was the ruler of the tankand put everyone in their place.. ive also read this with alot of other people sailfins

stdreb27

Originally Posted by psusocr1
your sailfin will hold is own agaisnt a lunar.. my sailfin was the ruler of the tankand put everyone in their place.. ive also read this with alot of other people sailfins
So I bought another bully, the only nice fish in the tank is the dog face, he is kind of the gentle giant, heck the friggen tomato clown, will take a whole silverside and swim off with it. I've got to get a picture of that it is funny to see him swim off with a fish twice as long as itself. like a puppy dragging a huge bone.

newbieabc

It may just be that mine looks different or yours is still going through acclimation, but yours looks kinda light.

stdreb27

Mine is kind of washed out because of a flash, they will change colors a little bit, fade then darken up, but mine is lighter.

dogstar

The two look different because of their ages....mine is over 5 years old and six inches long....My first and favorite fish.....they can darken themselfs when their mood changes like mad or stressed....

azfishgal

I finally have my sailfin!!!!
He's a little guy though, only about 2 1/2" long. He was dark in the store then light when I got him home. At the end of his acclimation period and then once settled into the QT his color came back.

nrr15

Correct me if i am wrong but isnt that a super rare kind of sailfin. Because of that emerald spot on its ass? i have seen this fish before on another tread but he was ranting on how rare it was and saying that he pay hundreds of dollars for it!!! lets hope so or mabey i have had one two many!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by NRR15
Correct me if i am wrong but isnt that a super rare kind of sailfin. Because of that emerald spot on its ass? i have seen this fish before on another tread but he was ranting on how rare it was and saying that he pay hundreds of dollars for it!!! lets hope so or mabey i have had one two many!
Mine has that same spot, though you can't see it in my picture. However, it's not emerald (I don't think). I paid $34 for my Sailfin.