New sun coral

35% Off ! All WYSIWYG fish and corals
I went to the LFS to pick up some rainbow acan's they just got in, but ended up leaving with this instead.

I've been looking at these for a couple weeks now and doing some reading on care for them, finally decided to get one.
Once I get another good sized piece of LR I'll most likely get the rainbow.

What type of food do you normally feed this type of coral. I'm just starting a reef tank and currently only have some polys, red and blue mushrooms, and a Duncan

kiefers

Nice piece! I remember when mine was small like that. now they've bloomed beautifully!
Nice bright color it has too. Great choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyulicni http:///t/393268/new-sun-coral#post_3502657
What type of food do you normally feed this type of coral. I'm just starting a reef tank and currently only have some polys, red and blue mushrooms, and a Duncan
I know this is a little late, but I thought I'd chime in and answer this for you. :) I currently have a colony of about 35+ polyps and I try to feed them every night a mixture of brine, mysis, squid, or anything else I might happen to have. It might be a little overkill, but they're doing great and the fish steal a little of the food so this insures that they're getting fed. :)
Also, Noobzilla, nice looking coral! :D