New tankmp

okay I got my 40 gallon tank up and running with a standard 20 gallon breaded tank sump. I have a hang over the back overflow with two drains that is rated for 1000 gph flow with a pump that is rated at 715 gph.

My overflow is set with 1’ pvc and the pump is set with 3/4’ flex tube.

Is this okay or am I missed up. My overflow seems to always have one tube with an air bubble in it and it makes a ton of noise. I figure out how to calm the back drain tubes by placing a 1’ pvc in the black filter but the overflow box inside the display sounds like a waterfall. I cannot get it to take in enough water to stop making a loud sound.

Dose anyone have and ideas or tips? Is the pump strong enough to handle the overflow lol. I’m lost.

silverado61

Can you adjust the flow of the pump? If so, turn it down a little. It's returning too much water to your display and the overflows can't handle that much water.

Okay.. I took that advise and worked around it. I re directed my pumps and intake and now it’s quite. There was to much water flooding the box so it sounded like a water fall. It’s all good now. Thanks for the idea I will give you credit for me thinking about to much water