Newbie 24 gallon all-in-one reefer.

lmforbis

Brooklynella is a different disease. Clowns are prone but it is contagious to all others. Likely they had it just not bad until they went into a very small QT and were treated with copper which is a poison, too much stress.

3xplorer19

anyways i have to let go 2 ocelaris clownfishes ... leaving me with 2 clowns 3 tangs 1 foxface 1 royal hippo 1 six line wrasse and a yellow watchmen goby (which i might get rid off or bring to my lfs) ... anyways i have read few articles and i guess it's all up to me but what you guys of sally lightfoot crab and hermits...time and time they do bother my acans that i noticed and caused them to retract....sometimes my nems .....i do feed them daily and are getting big...more aggresive...what's your intake? return to lfs?

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
anyways i have to let go 2 ocelaris clownfishes ... leaving me with 2 clowns 3 tangs 1 foxface 1 royal hippo 1 six line wrasse and a yellow watchmen goby (which i might get rid off or bring to my lfs) ... anyways i have read few articles and i guess it's all up to me but what you guys of sally lightfoot crab and hermits...time and time they do bother my acans that i noticed and caused them to retract....sometimes my nems .....i do feed them daily and are getting big...more aggresive...what's your intake? return to lfs?
In my experience, all crabs are opportunistic. They're going to try and eat every chance they get. If you're looking at your tank every day, and you believe you see any of your inhabitants becoming dominant in size or attitude. The best bet would be to trade the out for smaller more manageable animals. I personally try to stick with blue legged hermits in my reef aquariums because they are slower growing and still very effective at keeping nusance algea at bay.

lmforbis

Again, because you only have a 40 gallon tank that is way over stocked with big fish all aggression will be exaggerated.
I also like blue legged hermits.

3xplorer19

copy copy...i'll see what i can do with my foxface fish and royal hippo and yellow watchmen goby.... i'd be left with 2 clowns, 2 tangs and six line wrasse

Charlesk

Hello all just want to run my set up by everyone to make sure I'm on track to a good tank. I have a fluval 13.5 gal 1.5 inch sand bed, cured live rock, the standard foam fliter but I added 1.5 lbs of bio home ultimate and some bio balls. I have 2 O clowns, gobie, purple firefish, rainbow BTA and a peppermint shrimp. Lighting is stock and I added a aquasky for the reds, green leds and some control. Any advice is welcome.

3xplorer19

October 2020 Update of my 40 Breeder Aquarium:

Come check it out.

All comments welcome. Anything to improve my husbandry.