Newbie 24 gallon all-in-one reefer.

3xplorer19

i'm back and sorry for the inconvenience. so on my all-in-one tank aquatop 24 gallons i have the following:

2 maroon clownfishes
1 midas blenny
1 yellow watchman goby

2 cleaner shrimp
1 pistol shrimp
1 sally lightfoot crab
1 tiny rainbow bubble tip anemone
6 snails
4 hermit carbs

I am starting to believe i have an ICH on 1 of my maroon clownfish. It kinda looks like a slime covering the skin. I have a spare 10 gallon tank maybe i can use for QT? Alot of info out there of what it looks like and how to treat them but i'm not 100% confident to which one to pick. If I am able to take a photo would you guys please assist me?

Attachments

3xplorer19

I’m not sure if you can see it but attached are the photos. If you can tell me what it is please

Attachments

3xplorer19

ones all fishes dies in the tank ...how long till the parasites and or bacteria dies and i can add new fish in the system? would it take 2-3 months as well just like the ich and or the velvet?

lmforbis

I think you can do 6 weeks with brook. The treatment would be formalin for the other fish In your tank. Needs to be in a hospital tank. In the future I’d quarantine all your future fish to prevent this from happening.

lmforbis

More like 6 weeks for brooklynella. The parasites are in the tank. As long as there are fish the parasites will live. For the parasites to die the fish have to be removed from the tank. Ideally treated for brooklynella as well.

3xplorer19

hi imforbis, i successfully removed all 4 fishes from my main tank into the aqueon 10 gallon tank....please please tell me how to cure brooklynella?....the most i see a white slime is the biggest maroon clownfish. the smaller maroon clownfish has a tiny one i think...1 midas blend and 1 yellow watchmen goby has been moved to just in case it might have it.

Attachments

Last edited:

3xplorer19

Thanks. Treatment in process. I am doing the 3 months thing just to be on the safe side. Would you know why my protein skimmer not skimming? Is it because there are no fish waste in the main tank? Prior to moving the fish it was skimming...coincidence or common sense?

3xplorer19

Hello! It’s been a few days. Quick update. My maroon clownfishes didn’t make it. My midas blenny and yellow watchmen goby was returned back to main display. Anyone got updates on the Indonesian Pacific imports? Would y’all think the Euphyllia gold torch blue tips price go down? Besides torches and hammers, what other corals sways just like them?

Attachments

lmforbis

The tank is beautiful. You are pretty much at capacity if not over with fish. Don’t add any more.

3xplorer19

Thanks Imforbis! Also currently I’m using the hipargero led lighting. You recon I switch to ai prime hd? Or just leave everything as is cause they are all growing accordingly.

3xplorer19

For some reason, there is this stringy cobweb-like stuff on some of the rock and around selected corals and gsp! Is this normal or is it bad? This is my first marine tank so I don't have much experience yet.

lmforbis

It is probably from worms. I don’t remember what kind but they use the cobwebby stuff just like a spider.